how to get sponsored in the USA

There’s a lot of information out there on the internet but it can be tough to find what you’re actually looking for so I thought it might be helpful to come to the source- people who actually work in the architecture field- to ask some questions. My boyfriend is Australian and therefore not able to work in the US without being sponsored. He is currently employed drafting for an architecture company in England and is interested in coming to the USA when his 2 year visa is up…so he would have almost 2 years experience there and another year of experience from Australia. Basically the question is, how hard would it be for him to get sponsored by a company here and does anybody know how you go about doing so? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

This is not the question of the type of profession you are in. Architecture, ID etc they are all the same, because it’s the immigration law you are asking.

Before I share what I know ( sorry I am not a working professional), I think your boyfriend should be asking this himself.

To get sponsored means the company is willing to apply the working visa for you, going though the trouble of hiring a specialist( lawyer etc) and lots of money and time. Also, the company will need to prove to the gov that they cannot find anyone better within the country who doesn’t need a visa to work.

You do not have to be sponsored to apply for a visa. You can sponsor yourself. However, before you do that, you need to find a company that is willing hire you. That being said, your boyfriend must prove that he is so good at what he does that gives the company no reason not to hire him.

So if a company thinks that your boyfriend is worthy enough, they will sponsor his application. However, it will still depend on the gov to give him the visa.