How is this Made? Blowmolded?

Ok so i think I knew how this was done but have completely forgotten. Those jerricans you get (army style)… how are they made? Blow molded? I mean how do you get a through n through hole (to make the handle)…

attatching a picture for reference!

PLEASE HELP!!! GOING MAD…

:open_mouth:
jerrican.jpg

hmm, ok, really not trying to show off or something but i found the technique!
youtube to the rescue!!

thanks all!

That’s a great video… I’m starting to collect links to manufacturing videos for a website I’m working on… This will be a good one for blowmolding…

w

Is there a website for manufacturing videos already, or are you hoping to be the first warrenginn?.. Would be a great resource.

up thats blow, easy …

Actually, I’m going to try it out first for design educators since they’re the ones who need it the most urgently… But eventually I’d like to expand it to something larger for everyone…

Just getting started, though…

w

smartflix.com has a pretty good collection of rental technical videos.

i still have not puled the trigger on renting yet.

Here is a book that I think nicely covers a wide variety of manufacturing and lists the pluses and minuses of each technique(including blow-molding).

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Manufacturing-Techniques-Product-Design/dp/1856695069/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-3634147-3326441?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194366662&sr=8-2

^^ I agree. I own this book, and I find it really helpful for manufacturing info. It covers a lot of different areas and is a good start-out book