How do you start getting your shoe manufactored?

Hi Guys,
shoe
I am new to the site and new to the design world. I have designed a line of womens shoes. I need to know what I need to do first to get started on getting my shoe manufactored and sold in stores. I am having a problem locating a distributor and getting a shoe sample made. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tia

The simple, real, and jerk answer;

you need $$$.

Others on here can share the specific process, it is possible, others have done it and do it.

Good luck.

jerky, maybe, but also pretty real.

you really wont be able to get any samples worth anything if you dont have a well placed plan and estimates for production. a factory doesnt make anything from development and is typically only interested in sampling as a means to the end (volume production).

in addition to tooling costs, sample costs, marketing costs, design costs, etc., you shouldn’t even think of do anything until you have at least perhaps $100,000 in the bank available and have already nailed down potential distribution, 1st year production estimates, etc.

R

Woman shoes … as in no sport shoes.

Made from leather-wood-rubber. Traditional.

I saw a Dutch fashion shoe designer “Jan Jansen” TV feature last week.
He mad his lasts and shoe by him self. Low volume.

If you are thinking of low volume. Try a shoe maker/ shoe college , in your Country.
Or do a course and make them your selve.

Not every thing has to be made high volume.

B-art