HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING WRK IN CA, BEING FROM LONDON (UK)

Hi guys i know it might be a simple question but im having trouble getting answer for it. Im interested in packing my bags and moving away from the UK to come and work in CA. Im qualified as a industrial designer and have trained to Masters level. Im looking for someone to point me in the right direction, any help would be great

Create books and go visit all your favorite studios.

Here’s one way: join the IDSA when you move out here and hang around with the events and staff of IDSA-SF (if in SF). This way you will at least meet more designers out here, who are inevitably going through the same job-hunting processes as you. Well-written letters and emails with stimulating portfolios and creative resumes to the companies who post on Coroflot’s employment listings might be helpful too.

However - unless you’re the UK’s shining beacon of design for 2005, I’d bring a good-sized savings account and a willingness to eat humble pie for a few years.

Hey I joined IDSA SF and I haven’t met you… Hi My name is Henry Yu, you can look me up on the members list. lol. =)

…unless you’re the UK’s shining beacon of design for 2005, I’d bring a good-sized savings account …

and don’t forget your sleeping bag, it gets cold under the freeway underpasses.