High School Junior

Hi everyone. I’m currently a junior and I have recently decided that I’d like to study ID. After doing some research it seems that the general consensus is that if you make it into UC, you should go. (Of course, there is no best college for everyone.) It just seems like your chances of getting a job in the industry improve if you go there due to the co-ops.

I’m wondering how tough it is to get into, since there is no portfolio requirement. I have a 3.8 weighted, which is probably around a 3.5 unweighted. I got a 1450 on my SATs and I’m in at least the top third in my class. I haven’t checked recently, but my school is very competitive. Also, I’m going to be an eagle scout shortly. Is that around where I need to be or is that too low, assuming I don’t show them a portfolio. I searched the forums and I didn’t see too many posts like this, but if there are a lot, I apologize in advance. Thanks to anyone who responds to this.

DAAP is odd in that they don’t look at your work, but they’ve been very succesful using their philosophy that they can train anyone who’s intelligent and motivated (GPA and test scores indicate this) however, don’t underestimate the importance of an in-person interview. If you have any doubt (I think your in good shape) about admissions, go to Cincy and make an impression on them. be passionate about design.

Hm I got in this year, but I decided to go to University of Illinois - Champaign, for financial reasons. I had a 3.3 unweighted GPA with a 4.2 weighted, but your weighted doesn’t matter. I didn’t take the SAT but my ACT was a 28. So technically you have a higher GPA than me, and yes my school is very competitive too. Thats just a little comparison. So you do have a chance, and dont give up hope. Good luck to you!