High End Modern Furniture Design... What to Expect.

I’m moving to San Francisco and I’m wanting to pursue design witing the contemporary furniture industry. I’m just curious as to what working in such a field actually entails. (typical daytime schedules, meetings, briefs, and such).

Anyone out there have any experience in this area?

:wink:

typical daytime schedules, meetings, briefs, and such

well it usually starts around 11 or 12 when I get out of bed and go to the corner to get a coffee and look at the free newspaper for the employment section. I then meet with some cute milfs in the park who’ve I’ve gotten to know on a first name basis. I usually wear boxers so no briefs .

so basically you are saying that the first thing he needs to do is get a sugar daddy

I never thought of it that way, and I must admit it would have made things a lot easier. :smiley:

High-end contemporary furniture is a difficult business. It is still a relatively small market in the US and there are lot of experienced designers doing it on-the-side of a more profitable business. in short, the margins are small.

if you aren’t experienced, published, well-connected you would do best to lach on to someone who has laready deomnstrated some success, in which case it will be the same schedule as and other 9-5 job, depending on what exactly you are doing… design, production, marketing, etc.