Heya!!! need help

hi guys
well im a student of product design and i need to come up with a good concept for my studio module , preferably electonic in nature. i hv to present the initial concept sketches to my lectuere AND I NEED TO PRESENT IT TOMO!!!
…please help me out in suggesting a good idea or a concept , an issue or a problem which needs to be solved !!! …
im really out of issues and ideas now !! so im desperately in need of some good design briefs

please help me !!!

you have got to be kidding…

design briefs…hmmm, i prefer my calvins

hmm-

maybe be more specific of what you need-and what have you thought about already so we know where your thoughts have been-it will help in our posts-

What year are you in, how much time do you have for the project, and what are the deliverables?

hi guys …thx for listening to me …guess atleast there is help some where!!!

. …well im supposed to come up with a concept for my design for usability module which comprises of human factor aspects, and aspects of consumer psycology and trend- analysis.

well initially i thought of doing on ear equipments , basically redesign of the existing headphones , stereo phones , ear buds etc. but , much has been said and done in terms of design , and im not able render an unique solution in this context.
i do wanna design a ear eqipment it can be anything , but im in search of a good project brief which i can follow .

we were not given any project brief cos its a theoritical module where we need to do more of reaseach and market analysis . it is not supposed to be a studio project where we are given the design brief etc.
this one is a quick one . in terms of skill develeopment our lecturer also wants to see concept drawings marker rendered …and its freakin due TOMORROW!!!..gosh i dunno wht to do !

i need a good idea ,a great issue to be solved or an excellent challenge …well yeah i got less time for this project may be like 4 weeks only …

please help!!!

hi guys …thx for listening to me …guess atleast there is help some where!!!

. …well im supposed to come up with a concept for my design for usability module which comprises of human factor aspects, and aspects of consumer psycology and trend- analysis.

well initially i thought of doing on ear equipments , basically redesign of the existing headphones , stereo phones , ear buds etc. but , much has been said and done in terms of design , and im not able render an unique solution in this context.
i do wanna design a ear eqipment it can be anything , but im in search of a good project brief which i can follow .

we were not given any project brief cos its a theoritical module where we need to do more of reaseach and market analysis . it is not supposed to be a studio project where we are given the design brief etc.
this one is a quick one . in terms of skill develeopment our lecturer also wants to see concept drawings marker rendered …and its freakin due TOMORROW!!!..gosh i dunno wht to do !

i need a good idea ,a great issue to be solved or an excellent challenge …well yeah i got less time for this project may be like 4 weeks only …

please help!!!

Here is how I would break the tasks down:

1. Subject:
  2. Research:
  3. Conclusion:
  4. Concept:
  5. Design:

It sounds like the question is: “How do I come up with a subject, do appropriate research to be able to derive a conclusion, and be able to interpret that into a design… in one day?”

I don’t think that you can come up with a good answer in 1 day. However, you can find some really good questions… and present the concepts as questions.

Since you are looking at headphones maybe the best place to start is in the subway. Spend 2 hours there. Why do people do the things they are doing? What else is going on with their lives? Look at the strange habits, the confusing ones, other people’s reactions to someone wearing headphones. Do they get tangled in the wires?

Bring a camera. Take pictures. Ask them what they are listening to. Listen to what they are listening to. Record it if possible.

Ignore what others are doing. The advantage of designing “a set of headphones for a single subway car or station” is that you will be the only one doing it. Unique context without even thinking about it.

Other’s will disagree with this strategy. Hopefully they will give you their tips for completing a 1 day project.

-best of luck.

correction: Ignore what other headphone makers are doing.

The advantage of designing “a set of headphones for a single subway car or station” is that you will be the only one doing it. Unique context without even thinking about it.

dear anonymous …ive just returned from subway station …i did saw a bunch of guys doin weird stuf …but wasnt really able to record wht they were hearing. one had a sony ear bud with a rubber ear grip …this one my friend also got and he is of the opinion tht its kinda comfy …the other one was wearing a behind- the- head type …but …head phones for a single subway car or station hmmm …i really didnt get it buddy …wud u like to tell me more ?

Hint:

A headphone is not just the ear part.

think of the inconveniences associated with headphones. like having a cell phone call while listening to your tunes.

So, how about headphones that can integrate your music player and cell phone together?

no need to remove earphones to take the call, and this is easily doable with a y-cord, mic, and electronic switching could make it automatic.

vicky
you’re solid man…
well… a last min advice…
just sound convincing and confident will do…

sure cow …
will do tht man …but this idea of integrating a cell phone and a music player seems pretty good in terms tht one can come up with an ergonomic and (blah blah) design /model of a stereo headphone for those trendy people who are always on the go…travelling in trains buses etc. placed against the ipod headphone which many say tht it s*cks.

but the product of which this headphone would be an attachment should be something like nokia engage which is a marriage of game boy and phone …here we need to mix music player and cellphone …right …and a headphone for such an equipment …how abt tht ???

i want my concept to be unique …i hv a lotta research on headphones of all types …its actually the anatomy of the ear cos every individual has different measurement and preference.like i dont prefer the ear bud cos i think tht it doesnt really stay and it sometimes pains my ears …but the new ear bud by sony features a rubber sheath which is the ear hole support, is good in terms of warding off external noise and comfort. the other models of which are the snap-on ones are also good cos it doesnt pain the ears …now see …i mean i dunno wht to do or rather what new to do in terms of design …i need issues to be solved …
do help me out guys …im keepin my markers running …
…AND the day is approaching !!! :confused:

Sweet Raisin Danish! Now i really do have to get that bumper sticker that says,

“You could drive better if that cellphone was up your ASS!”

something to think about also is how the cords to your headphones always get tangled in your bag or pocket-some how designing a device that would help this problem would be good-the curved ipod headphones kinda have this sliding peice that helps to prevent tangle from the two left and right peices-but below that its a mess. so that would help- (i guess could be cordless) speech activated would be cool too so no buttons-by simply speaking the device would turn on and you could do all your functions through speech-but also there could be a switch so that it can be manual.

maybe could be heat sensitive so maybe it changes the music based off of your temp. music can lower your blood pressure-maybe this could help if you did liek some health headphones-to help those with a high blood pressure-or maybe with chronic stress this could sooth them and lower the stress a lil. who knows-

just a couple 2 second ideas-could be blown out-played with a lil

good luck-

There you go- a little electronic device that can integrate your one set of headphones across two distinct units which you already own. You can design for style, function, ergonomics, etc. I hope you’ll post your results.

You’re on the right track here, identifying what’s wrong with current problem, and a solution that works a little better. What else could you do to make this even better? Working with some clay can help, though it might be a little gross.

Also take into account digital’s post- the more problems you can solve here the better, though I realize you’re on a time schedule here. Not to say you can’t keep working on these issues throughout the semester.

There’s a quote I used to hear all the time-

“the problem, well stated, is half solved.”

good luck and post your stuff