HELP...now entering the "real" world???

I’m getting ready to graduate college in December… does anyone have any tips on finding a job out there? what you wish you knew straight out of school and didn’t… that type of thing, I need all the help I can get. Thanks for any imput, I really appreciate it :wink:

What I wish I have done: i graduaded in May,04. I wish I would have take Less credits on my final semester ( 22 credits) and put my energy on job searching three month before I finished school.
I end up landing this job after 3-4 months of searching.
What I suggest you to do:
What you really need is a good portfolio. Make business card to give away, Design your graphic layout to match the resume and portfolio. If you’ve already done that… Ask others opinion about your work, and see what you can improve.
Make a list of firms that you would like to work for and start to contact people. Call them, send them your work…etc

Network, network, network. Go to industry events, keep in touch with your instructors and fellow classmates. Always have business cards with you. You never know who you will meet, who might know someone that works at a company you want to work for.

thanks for the advice, hopefully i can get some of my work posted on this site and get it critiqued as well.

It’s pretty simple you have to have a portfolio with lots of great sketches and some that most do not have and if the firms are looking . well… then you will be contacted or you will find them.
all the best.
G