Help - Mock-ups model making

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help me? I’m doing an assignment on model making techniques and I need to do four case studies on fairly large well-known products but there is little information on the background of the mock-up stage of the design process and what techniques they used. There is loads of stuff on CAD systems and hi-tech methods but nothing on basic model making with relation to well know products. Just simple things like clay modelling. It seems the companies are too advanced to have employed these methods but it’s what I’ve to do my report on if anyone can help me?
Dyson provided a good referance but that is about it. I’m at my wits end if anyone can help?
xXx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1564964760/104-4564070-5203134?v=glance&n=283155

this book a few years old now but you might it helpful in describing the processes that occur behind the scenes; model making included

There is a book called ROI (return on innovation). I believe it is about 5 years old…maybe more.

It has a few detailed collections of process sketches, sketch models, early 3D files, etc. I am not sure where you can get a copy but if you have trouble finding it and would like to borrow my copy just send me an email.

Maybe you should try another approach. Think of something unconventional like Bamboo, or styrofoam, and try to find out what projects have been made from it.