Happy Happy Joy Joy 9-11 Toy Toy

"MIAMI - Small toys showing an airplane flying into the World Trade Center were packed inside more than 14,000 bags of candy and sent to small groceries around the country before being recalled.

Lisy Corp., the wholesaler that distributed the candy, said Friday that the toys were purchased in bulk from a Miami-based import company.

The toys came in an assortment purchased sight unseen from L&M Import in Miami and included the toys depicting the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the twin towers, whistles and other small toys, said Luis Pedron, Lisy’s national sales manager. The invoice said the toy was a plastic swing set.

“I hate to blame the importer. He probably did not know what he was getting. He brings them in 40-foot containers.”

Shorter: We buy sh!t we don’t even look at and sell it to people who don’t know what they’re paying for.

What they didn’t state and what I want to know is what f’in country produced that. They deserve a visit from the US Air Force.

I WANT ONE!

I doesn’t really look like the WTC, is it labeled as such? It might just be some stupidly designed toy that resembles the incident. Where’s the deeper details in this story? Wierd.

I thought that too, then I read the article and it said something about the batch numbers or something at the bottom of the toys were all 9011 or 0911, too much of a coincidence.

I think that is a very poor quality depiction of the old World Trade Center. If it were not for the “9011” imprinted on them, I wouldn’t recognize it. Of course, I live in Canada, so perhaps I’ve moved on more quickly than others.

Wait! there’s MORE!

http://www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3691006/detail.html

I wonder if an ID firm had to design those, and if so, where were they from? Especially sucky if a US firm had to design it. They gets the gas-face.

I think it is just a publicity ploy on all parties. Come on what executive is going to import “sight-unseen” toys to be distributed inside their candy. Just think of the liability if a child was to chock on small parts, these toys were seen, and well thought out. It is a way of gaining free advertising, noteriaty, and media time, and probably a political statment considering the GOP convention in NYC. I would not doubt it was a way to re-kindle the feelings of 9/11 and increase the dwindling GOP support of the war, and the constant terror alerts. But then it could easily be just a little warning from our Arab friends that they are still watching and waiting for their next open door. But a simple mistake no way am I buying that one…there is too much liability on the part of the cany company to purchase sight un-seen. Come on you are all designers think about it…

Free publicity? What never to buy something from Lisy b/c they are insensitive or incompetent or worse both? GOP convention? They were being sold predominately in the hispanic community. And they probably have all hispanic workers (Miami) that don’t give a damn what is in these bags. Come on, get a grip on reality. Some people just love to believe in ultra-complex toy conspiracies, jeez.

Good or bad…their name is in the media have to give them that much.

I do think the “sight un-seen” thing shows how incompitent the mangment of this candy company was. Also makes me wonder about the concern for public safety. Guess that post made me think alittle on the consperacy side, but I think it is more on the greed and dis-taste side.

:imp: That’s the answer. That’s why 9.11 happened in the first place. READ MORE you ignorant American.

9/11 happened for the same reason that the Cole and the countless US embassies were bombed. The US represents free capitalism, democracy, and most importantly Christian values. All of which the radicals who are carrying out these attacks cannot stand.

They believe in “death to all infidels”, which mean all who believe differently than themselves, or anyone who apposes their views and authority. Look at the fighting in Iraq, they are not targeting the US forces, they are targeting the services and infrastructures that will allow the country to be self governed and diplomatic: The police department, oil refineries, oil export stations, fire departments, schools, etc. In opposition to what the news agencies would like you to believe the majority of the population is grateful to finally be free from the fear of Sadam.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to read more, or as I did go to Iraq or Afghanistan and experience the past oppression and newly found freedoms and opportunities of the peoples first hand.

Did ya find any Weapons of Mass Destruction while you were on vacation in Iraq? A lot of taxpayers are still waiting and wondering why we basically invaded on our own dime. And we had those promises that Iraq oil would pay for it. Hell, they can’t even keep the pipelines from springing leaks!

No, never really looked for them…That was just the publicly released reasons for going in. CIA, and others had far more reasons, most of which have prevented a couple dosen planned attacks on US cities…Chicago, Philly, St Louis, LA, etc.

Oil lines are “leaking” from nightly sabotage.

But hey, I guess your tax payers would be happier having their own huses and buisnesses blown up, becuase we chose to ignore the money trails from 911 right. Well, I guess we are a little, we still have not taken out Saudi yet.

Nope, which is certainly strange seeing how EVERYONE (Bush, Cheney, BOTH Clintons, Gore, Kerry, Albreit, Schroeder, Putin, Chirac, Egypts PM, several other Arab countries, the UN, and on and on and on all stated so). But the REAL IGNORANT people never knew that or worse hate to admit it.

Even Snopes.com (Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes | Snopes.com) a VERY unbiased source, confirms that these aren’t urban legends so you need to read more you ignorant self-righteous POS.

Osama Bin Laden’s stated goal was to kick all the US military out of Saudi Arabia (they have military bases there), overthrow the current Saudi monarchy (note: they are monarchs/dictators, no more democratic than Osama himself) and set up a more fundamentalist muslim government. He doesn’t really seem to give a damn if westerners are damning themselves to hell in the US and Europe, but he doesn’t want them in Saudi Arabia where they might intice Saudi’s to damn themselves to hell. As far as I know, he has never stated that he was against democracy or free markets. Note that most of the attacks were on the US government (embassies, ships, pentagon) and only one location was civilian (WTC).

As for Iraqis…as Dubya says: “I’d be upset if I were occupied too”. To expand on our fine president’s remark, he means that the US overthrow of Saddam without sufficient planning for occupation left a dangerous vacuum (Rumsfeld or some other Pentagon type recently admited that they were surprised at how quickly Saddam fell and therefore didn’t have enough time to plan the occupation). This vacuum was filled at first by alot of rapists, murders and thieves, many of whom were released by Saddam before the invasion. In a few cities where the Islamic religious types were well organised, they did what many innovative Americans would do, they formed their own militias and police to restore civilian safety. While Baghdad was lawless, some cities with “fundamentalists” were safe. I’ve read many stories of women in Baghdad and other cities who locked themselves in their homes and would only come out for food, they were that scared of all the criminals and troops on the streets. In “fundamentalist” controled cities, women, children, everyone felt safe enough to return to an almost normal life.

Perhaps, if the American military had taken its’ duty to the Geneva convention seriously, this would have been different. You see, according to Geneva, an occupying force is required to take over the normal duties of the occupied government, ie policing, education, health, infrastructure. If you recall, only the oil ministries offices were protected by US soldiers during the invasion…what a pity.

As for the toy, the Osama one looks a little more identifiable to me. I think the theory this is a marketing tool is mighty interesting. Perhaps some enterprising design firm can make user-centered box cutters and get on CNN?

It’s good to know that the U.S. government is putting on a big show for us poor citizens and telling us how we have to invade immediately and forget our allies so we can pay for everything and stop the urgent threat from Sadam that the CIA has told you really did exist even though there is no WMD and no ties to terrorist except for some old guy who hijacked a cruise ship 30 years ago! I like knowing that the government chooses when to tell it’s citizens the truth about threats to their nation and when it decides to make up another story so we can go do the same thing either way!

Did you know that Stargate SG-1 is actually for real and there really is an alien species trying to destroy the earth? They don’t want us to know about it, but I guess they told you all about that one too.

Thats why I and many other Mariens were stationed outside of schools, police stations, and hospitals huh… In fact over 90% of our forces are protecting “civil infrastructures”. Less than 1% are dedicated to the oil piplines and refineries.

You see the news media in this country and many parts of the world is very bias and only want you to see their point of view. Did the sniper attacks were female Iraqi teachers were targeted and killed make the news, how about the 3 car bombs that killed two of the leading sergions in the country. How about the attack aimed at killing the new Iraqi police recruits as they stood in line waiting to fill out the paperwork? Almost all of the attacks are aimed at the Iraqies who are trying to better their lives and be self governed, not the US and Coilition forces training and protecting. They just get in the way because they are trying to do thier best to rebuild the lives of the people.

VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden is said to have been in Iraq.
  2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
  3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
  4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
  5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
  6. Isaac’s wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
  7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
  8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
  9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
  10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
  11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
  12. Daniel was in the lion’s den in Iraq!
  13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in
    Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
  14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the “writing on the wall” in Iraq.
  15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
  16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
  17. The wise men were from Iraq.
  18. Peter preached in Iraq.
  19. The “Empire of Man” described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was
    a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in
the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia
means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates
Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a
country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
Here’s why! - Eden was in Iraq - Genesis 2:10-14 - Adam & Eve were created
in Iraq - Genesis 2:7-8 - Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq -
Genesis 3:1-6 - Nimrod established Babylon & The Tower of Babel was built in
Iraq -Genesis 10:8-97; 11:1-4 - The confusion of the languages took place in
Iraq - Genesis 11:5-11 - Abraham came from a city in Iraq - Genesis 11:31;
Acts 7:2-4 - Isaac’s bride came from Iraq - Genesis 24:3-4; 10 - Jacob spent
20 years in Iraq - Genesis 27:42-45; 31:38 - The first world Empire was in
Iraq - Daniel 1:1-2;2:36-38 - The greatest revival in history was in a city
in Iraq - Jonah 3 - The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq -
Esther - The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq - Nahum -
The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon (Iraq’s former name).
Revelation 17 & 18.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
it than Iraq. And also… This is something to think about! Since America
is typically represented by an eagle.

Saddam should have read up on his
Muslim passages… The following verse is from the Koran.

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
was peace. (Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?