Handling working out of state short term

Hi, What is the best way to handle working a 3 month shortterm contract 300miles out of state? Rent a extended stay hotel? Who should pay the cost? Me? Split with employer? What is typical? Thanks.

If they want you specifically and they have no one else to go to, they should pay.