GUIDANCE

HI MY NAME IS SHEETAL AND I M FROM INDIA . ACTUALLY I AM A HOMESCIENCE GRADUATE FROM MUMBAI UNIVERSITY.BUT RECENTLY I M A DOING A GRAPHIC DESIGNING COURSE FROM APTECH(ARENA) INSTITUTE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I COULD MAKE A CAREER IN THIS FIELD SINCE THIS COURSE IS SHORT TERM (6 MONTHS). PLEASEW GUIDE ME.

I doubt it. With no previous design background I would say you would need courses in:

typography (at least 2)
2 D design
Design/Art history
Publication Design
Photography (beginning only)
drawing
package design
photo communication
web design

Or even more. I doubt you can do that in 6 months.

BTW STOP YELLING!

Soon anyone will call themselves a graphic artist and I’m cool with that. Learn the software and I"M A GRAPHIC DESIGNER! Guess what, everyone can grab a paint brush and paint but only the good ones get paid.

spm: If you want to succeed in graphic design you need to be a student of the game my friend. Learn the programs, then learn how to design! Thats 2 seperate elements to design. And when I say lern design, lern page layout, illustration, logo design, etc…

Lets not bring up knowing some production! By all means if you have the passion you can succeed but don’t look at the fact it takes 6 months to get some papper saying your are a graphic artist.