future!!!!

hi everybody,
Iam a student of ID from India, in my first yr of post grad. tell me, what options do i have after graduating in ID in my country.
iam eally confused. :unamused: :open_mouth: :confused:

well im a 1st year student 2. after ur studies, u can further on to some good university at australia or even in singapore

with a post-grad degree and experience, start your own consultancy if there are no jobs. i’m not even in India and all i see are opportunities. better to ask what options do you NOT have?

infrastructure - example: IT industry hurting b/c power grid cant support. engineering is one solution. ID could view problem differently and present new and different options. how many options exist in infrastructure alone?

resource efficiency - example: news yesterday of “water wars”. too many people in the world, too little water. India has huge population. water already a problem. ID could be a part of the solution.

housing - example: many Indians still live in terrible poverty. many homes are shanties. most are not in accordance with any building code. if earthquake hit what would happen? ID could investigate solutions using existing materials. find ways to improve the lives of all Indians.

if none of this is possible, please explain why it is not. it would be good to learn a bit about ID in India.

ykh,
Most indian homes are NOT shanties, for your information. I do not understand why americans/foreigners are so influenced by the very bais views of the media…anyhow, I would like to know what kind of opportunities you are talking about… I dont disagree with the fact that india could have a huge market for ID based products, but i would like to know the opinion and thoughts of a foreigner. The main and big problem with the indian market is, that the indian consumer is very selective about paying for design rather than function. more emphasis is put on the latter. Thus, it is difficult to sell highly priced designer products.
Your post seems encouraging, but very unresolved.
worried,
Check out elephant design in Pune, I had applied to them for an internship a few years back. That might be of interest to you.
and lastly,ykh,
ALL INDIANS are not living in misery.lol poverty is a part every country and it does’nt matter where you are from.

i will bother.

i have to admit the above post was disappointing. the inability for someone (from India i guess) to differentiate between “many” and “most” or “many” and “all” has forced me to rethink some of my prejudices… one being that most Indians with access to the internet are well-educated.

as it turns out, both your post and yesterday’s Deccan Chronicle seem to indicate otherwise:

Hyderabad, Aug. 24: Only five per cent of all engineering graduates being produced by the State every year are good enough for absorption into the industry. This believe-it-or-not statistic was put out by the industry at a round-table conference, ’IT-Industry Institute Interaction Effort-2004’ conducted at the Jawaharlal Nehru Technolo-gical University on Tuesday.

Hyderabad, Aug. 24: In 10 per cent of the 250-odd engineering colleges in the State, the pass percentage is below 10 per cent. In some, it is as low as three to four per cent. Every student who passes the Intermediate exam can now join the BE course, thanks to the management quota and lowering of Eamcet barriers.

Poor quality engineering education contributes to dumping thousands of engineers onto the market. “The overall pass percentage is not above 50 per cent in any given year. Even this is due to the university colleges where pass percentages are very high,” Jawaharlal Nehru Technolo-gical University vice-chancellor Y Venkatarami Reddy told Deccan Chronicle. “The pass percentage is below 10 per cent in nearly 25 colleges,” he said.

Reddy blames it on the compromise on quality at the entry level but an academic audit by the AP State Council of Higher Education on quality education reveal that faculty and facilities in the BE are at sub-standard levels. Contrary to the general belief, the audit reveals that standards are below average in half the eight university engineering and 23 sought-after private colleges established prior to 1996, …

http://www.deccan.com/home/homedetails.asp#IT%20industry%20finds%20only%205%%20of%20BE%20grads%20good

my original post was not intended as a slight against India. it was intended to open communication and discussion. my mistake.

well… correct most indians may not live in shanties but a large number do live in poverty. Please do not assume that just because we live in America we am ignorant!

As a Brit of Indian of roots I can confirm that majority of Indians live BELOW the poverty level!!!
So ignore the muppet who can’t accept the reality of his own country. To improve India one has to accept the reality first!!!

Now muppet get back to your rich dad :wink:

hey

you assuma we all have the same standards for living

One persons poverty line is another ones middle class

if i had to live like my grand parents you would all say i was poor, but they wouldn’t have agreed.

think about it