Formula E- electric open wheeler championship

It’ll be more exciting when teams build custom cars Formula One style.

needs this

How to Make a Bike Sound Like A Harley Using a Sports Card - YouTube

I much prefer the electric buzz to ICE sounds now.

They finally opened up ticket sales for the Portland race. Got some tickets and will be taking my nephew. Really looking forward to it! :smiling_face:

Good to see that pitstop recharging is coming in. Bad that it is still a spec series. Let the engineers (and designers) cook!

@Mr-914 I guess in a spec series like this it just comes down to the skill of the driver and how good the pit team is… if you listen to the VO it sounds like they are really monitoring each other’s charge?

I assume in time as the series gets off the ground they will allow for more individualization?

As far as liveries go though I really enjoy the Jaguar cars @AnthT ! Very bold.

Don’t get me wrong, there are benefits to spec series. I especially like the junior series that are typically spec series because of the emphasis on driver skill.

However, I want an open EV series to see what the engineers can do.

They did have an open EV class at the Isle of Man for a few years. Mugen and MotoCzysz had cutting edge bikes, but no one else wanted to spend the money to compete and the class was canceled.

BTW: totally worth watching the doc. Amazing to think that this ever happened.

1 Like

this weekend:

Super fun event.

IMG_3289

Some highlights from the race:

and what it looked like to us in the cheap seats :smiley:

Lol. The greenwashing level is close to “H&M sustainable fashion” level.

Electric or not, how much resources go into making cars drive around in circles for no reason?

They look proper fast there. It’s about time they take them to a real circuit! I used to circle Portland when in Indycar was there in the '90s.

Sad part: Formula Ford 2000 does the same laptimes (1:11). An Indycar does a 58 second lap. Give these things a little more speed already!