folded paper makes a comeback

http://www.thebikergene.com/three-wheelers/gsxr-engined-stealth-tryke-takes-aim-at-t-rex/#more-76

damn looks a lot like a motorised version of my corsa from the late 80’s…

This is the second post today where I can say, “This guy really needs to hire and IDer”.

Really great concept that will die because of aesthetics. WTF is with the useless F1 wing in aluminum?!?!? I’m offended by having looked at this.

Umm…

It looks like it would deflect radar really well!

ROFLMAO. Thanks for that. Funniest thing I read all week.

:)ensen.

That looks ridiculous. Not nearly as cool as the Sub 3 wheeler.

the Sub3 is cool. But not as cool as a Morgan.

Okay, so I like old iron. But you have to love the uppy-down, sticky-out, details … like the passenger’s elbow.

Hmm. . . I saw the builder reply to a similar post on another forum. He said this was a demonstration of his shop’s technical capabilities and that it was designed for his own personal tastes. He admits that the aesthetic design isn’t for everybody, but he was designing it to please only himself. He recognizes that a product designed to appeal to a larger audiance would probably look quite different, but that wasn’t his objective. He isn’t trying to sell a bunch of these, he wants to be hired to build YOUR project (the one that makes you as happy as this one makes him).

His aesthetic doesn’t come close to matching mine, but to imply that this means he doesn’t ‘get’ design isn’t quite right. He ‘gets’ it enough to recognize his customers will have their own ideas and that this vehicle shows that he is capable of turning their ideas into a reality. That is a lot closer to ‘getting’ design than a lot of people I’ve worked for!

I say applaud the fact that he built the vehicle he wanted, don’t belittle the considerable effort because it isn’t a vehicle that you’d want.

Just my 2 cents. . .

Hmm. . . I saw the builder reply to a similar post on another forum. He said this was a demonstration of his shop’s technical capabilities and that it was designed for his own personal tastes. He admits that the aesthetic design isn’t for everybody, but he was designing it to please only himself. He recognizes that a product designed to appeal to a larger audiance would probably look quite different, but that wasn’t his objective. He isn’t trying to sell a bunch of these, he wants to be hired to build YOUR project (the one that makes you as happy as this one makes him).

His aesthetic doesn’t come close to matching mine, but to imply that this means he doesn’t ‘get’ design isn’t quite right. He ‘gets’ it enough to recognize his customers will have their own ideas and that this vehicle shows that he is capable of turning their ideas into a reality. That is a lot closer to ‘getting’ design than a lot of people I’ve worked for!

I say applaud the fact that he built the vehicle he wanted, don’t belittle the considerable effort because it isn’t a vehicle that you’d want.

Just my 2 cents. . .

It’s a bike builder, he sells aesthetics! The car is weirdly proportioned and looks riveted together from left over sheet metal. I admit, it looks well riveted. All the rivets are carefully aligned. Nice craftsmanship. However, it wouldn’t make me want to hire them for anything other than fabrication. Maybe that’s all they want.

Then again…look at how successful Orange County is…

oh ghod orange county…truly suck ass bad, screwed up design…