First Website w/ Portfolio Examples and Resume

Hello,

I’ve just recently graduated and I’m working on making a website to market my skills and help me get a job.

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Please let me know what you think:

www.jonathanzobro.com

Thank you!

1> Redesigned the layout of the portfolio section
2> Added a lot more content to portfolio, especially sketches
3> Overall layout of site, revamped

Well, that’s the gist of it. Any critiques? I’m always working on improving my site and welcome any feedback.

Any suggestions?
Questions?
Requests?

Thanks,

www.jonathanzobro.com

You sketches are great.
It gives a great sense of process.

One thing, the blinds opening tecnique for transitioning between pictures is distracting and a little irritating.
Maybe just do a normal transition.

Other than that, the work looks good.

I would kill your skechbook section, I think the images a weak when comparing them to your actual design work.

for your ‘Liquid Chilling Platform’ perhaps think about having some small thumbnails instead of just numbers, perhaps a next/back links aswell. Also are the iamges in any order? if not put them along a time line?

work looks good though!

I would agree about getting rid of the sketches. For the most part, what you are showing is that you understand reflection, which are basic things. To me, that says beginner. Instead, show sketches that you’ve done for fun. Something that will help explain who you are, what you enjoy, and how you think. Even if it’s chicken scratch, as long as it’s backed by much nicer stuff, it doesn’t matter.

First of all, thanks for the feedback guys!

JWK:
I saved these files as PNG’s with ‘interlace’ so they would show that the image was loading if a connection was slow… but, if it’s annoying, then the cure is worse than the disease… BTW what browser are you using? I’ve only had a chance to test on Firefox and IE6.0.

dawolfmann666 & josht:
hahah, so far I’ve gotten a chorus of people telling me to take the sketchbook section out… so, it’s gone. My original plan was just what josht was saying. Bur for now, it’s gone.

And I also agree about the navigation… I just don’t know how to do it. I’d love to get some arrows for forward/back. This is my first website (take a look at the sourcecode, you’ll understand), but that situation will be remedied soon.

Thanks guys!