Extrusion Blow Molding Start up costs???

I would like an understanding of what it would cost to get into the bottle making business. Roughly how much does a medium speed extrusion blowmolder cost and how do mold costs compare to, say, injection molding. What other peripheral equipment would be needed…Any feedback would be appreciated.

IS THIS POST A JOKE? WHAT SORT OF QUESTION IS THIS?

I would like to be an astronaut, how much does a space shuttle cost?javascript:emoticon
:laughing:

I must admit that my exposure to blow molding in limited. Start up costs are much lower for blow molding compared to injection molding because most blow mold tools are made from softer material, typically an aluminum, while most injection molds are steel. This will provide with a lower cost for the actual material and less time to cut the tools.

YOU MUST BE JOKING? WHAT SORT OF ANSWER IS THIS? SOFT ALUMINUM MOLD?

If you really want to get into blow molding I can show you how to make your own blow molding machine using a toaster oven, a length of hose and 3 pieces of string. You’ll need someone to blow into the hose too, or if you wanna get really fancy, we could hook up a fan. :open_mouth:

Re-post this in the Materials & Processes forum… .