experience in Hong Kong

Hello!!

I just graduated (i hope… i delivered the Work Monday, and expect the final result next Month…:slight_smile: ) and do som Practical course in Hong Kong in Sebtember at a Firm for merchandising Produkts.
I hope too make some connections to product manufacturers/factories, in the special for furniture and ceramics.
If som one here hafe some experience in Hong Kong? Some Hints where to go for this?

Thanks a lott!!

Please excuse may poor Englisch…

a little advice. learn to spell and use grammar properly. otherwise stay in hong kong.

its a real pity that when people post a thread to seek help, a handful of people will go out of their way to make life difficult for someone else.

jodie if you have nothing better to say then ZIP up that mouth of yours. your comment sums up that ignorant and stuck up attitude of yours.

Do you feel big by looking down on someone elses faults???

I suggest you take that fuked up attitude of yours out of here, and next time when you decide to open that fuked up mouth of yours, try being nice.

its not hard

i´m sorry… I thought this discussion forum is above ID, not orthography
I don’t know what got into me.

I remain respectfully yours Flex

Shunde in China is an area with many furniture manufacturers.
You can catch a ferry from Hong Kong to Shunde. It takes about 2 hours.
A furniture exhibition coming up in Shunde area: http://www.qianjin.com/en/default.aspx

Also, try http://www.global-gate.info/ for some company contacts.

I’m not sure why some of you guys are ridiculing HongKong/Chinese speaking designers. No too long from now we’ll be knocking on their doors for work and adopting Chinese to be the international language instead of English.

remember: US is to EUR in the 50’s/60’s as CHN is to US in 2005+, there will be a shift in wealth and power.

So respect your slaves for they will be your masters one day.

This is the same Jodie that works the 9-5 under 40k job and mentioned that a grad straight out of college “should be making 68k” a year, just in order to drop names of people at FROG, ASTRO, etc.

She definitly is either overweight, has sand in her C-word, or both. I’d love to smell her bad breath.

Hey. What’s wrong with under $40K job? I make $34K as a midlevel designer at midwest company and i’m proud.

Many thanks for the information, this helps a lot!!

Jodie’s neither of those.

OMG that is so true, there are 500 schools churning 10-15K designers every year. There is bound to be some gifted ones in there…

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

LMr. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: