Electronics hinge design

Hi guys,

Got a bit of a design problem here. I’m wondering if anyone has the design know-how or a direction to point me in.

I’m designing a folding keyboard for a pda and need to add a rotating plastic hinge that carries electrical signals and power - similar to those on laptops between the laptop body and screen.

Alternatively i’m looking at ribbon cable through the hinge but wondered whether there are any company who supply this kind of thing off the shelf.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard Huxley

Talk to the people at Digikey, they are generally very helpful and knowledgable. If they don’t have it, it probably doesn’t exist…

Good luck!

Thanks for that Dan…we have all these books in house too…doh! Its always the little things that can cause the biggest headaches and this particular hinge is one.

Thanks for your help