Eco-Design

Who agrees with me that Core 77 should provide more information on eco-design/sustainability issues.

Check out www.treehugger.com. It’s a frequently updated blog on just that.

Thanks, but I already check treehugger everyday.

I think Core presents more eco-design than exists in American society. It won’t be a huge topic for designers until the society around us makes the shift to value eco-design. Seeing as it took 80+ years for society to value aesthetic design, it may be just as long for eco-design.

Maybe by that time the apes will have taken over.
I think that sentient apes would be very eco-aware.

The American Society is behind in Eco-issues. Just look at our idiot president and all the SUV driving ignorant Americans. We should be concerned about eco-issues today because in 80 years (if not already) it may be too late to save the environment. As product designers, we can have a positive (or negative) impact on our environment. We should take advantage and be proud that we can do something to help. Our biggest obstacle: our money driven society.

It took 80+ years for the Asthetic design to catch on because you don’t need asthetics to survive, However you do need clean air, trees, water those types of things. The things that all designers will have to start thinking about very soon.

If they don’t… well we all know what happens to the stupid Zebras.

The Sustainable Train is here its just a matter of weither your on board.

powdahound our time will come sooner than mr-914 thinks

there has been more eco/sus on core than ever before but still not enough.

so get your a$$ out there and do some honest design and show it to us

tempus rerum imperator…

In the past 2 months we have received more requests for sustainable alternatives than in all of the preceding years.

The time may not be now but things are certainly changing.

Aaron

Eco design is one thing, but …

Socio-Design is the intended impact. How can we design products that alter the typical Consumer?

How can I change my mothers buying habits?

How can I teach my mother to buy one really good kitchen knife instead of four crappy ones that never hold an edge?

If Jane/Joe consumer starts to adopt sustainability as a personal mantra similar to the recycling mentality, we can succeed.

Sustainability starts before the customer has bought the product Recyclability is after the life cycle of a product is done.

So , Yes Powda. I think Core can help. Maybe a Who’s Who of Sustainability would be a great addition to this post session?

im reading this book on permaculture. and im gonna apply it at a hill station near my city with a help of a few like minded people. could someone throw some more light on permaculture…plzzz… GoEco

im reading this book on permaculture. and im gonna apply it at a hill station near my city with a help of a few like minded people. could someone throw some more light on permaculture…plzzz… GoEco