DropBox

Does anyone else use this? I’ve been waiting for ‘Gdrive’ for too long!

I’d recommend DropBox as a great tool. I’ve been using it for a while now and it’s seamless and reliable. Store and sync a folder across multiple computers plus nice web access to those files from any computer. I’ve pretty much stopped using a thumb drive.

(and you can get and give extra space beyond the 2GB by showing me some link love :smiley: Dropbox.com)

I was considering getting this yesterday, but as I already have my own webspace, I don’t really see the appeal for me.

I guess the only benefit for me would be if I was working on a project between school and home and I keep forgetting to sync my files… but I live in the building right next to my studio, soo it’s really not a big deal.

Any other benefits?

yeah, how about not being able to forget to sync your files- it’s automatic. And did I mention it features automatic versioning as well? Kinda like apple’s timemachine IN (cyber)SPACE! teehee. No everytime you save a file, I stores the previous version as well (as long as you have space)

Really? From what I can tell when I’m using it, I have to drag and drop stuff onto it manually.

yeah, drag and drop into the folder. It’ll be backup up and synced from then on. You don’t have to remove the file from the folder to open / edit it? If you don’t like it, don’t use it.

Ahhh.

I’ve been looking for something like this.

Thanks benny, I just signed up using your ref link :slight_smile:

I’ve used dropbox before

It’s good for sharing files with clients and getting their feedback. I definitely recommend it.

If that’s what your trying to do Basecamp is also a good online tool

You might also want to take a look at http://kalexo.com. Kalexo Teamwork has file sharing plus something called file streaming to zoom/fly through large document sets without downloading individual files.