Designed Life?

Hello! Iam working somewhere between office and home. This is my final project, its has got approved becasue the name “Puzzle Furniture”.
The idea came from transformation which occurs with time. My objectice here is to control tranformation accordingly to its functionality and design a single room lifestyle for professionals.
I have done some research work regarding basic office enviroment and living spaces. I need some comments to develop this idea into practical approach.
Thanks

It should be half living and half work that way the person can mentaly seprate the two.

Think about the idea of time and shaping.

Not necessarily moving parts around like a transformer (and like everything else which has been popular lately), but something that time/erosion/etc changes it gradually, slowly, beautifully.

Look at the core post about the Volvo and the Italian sports car, a bar of soap, use it, and it becomes a streamlined object over time. Ice melting, water/wind/glacier erosion, stalagmites/stalactites, decay, cellular growth, etc.

If i separate work from living then there wont be much room for transformation or maybe the transformation process which inself is a work can separate the work from living.

I really like the idea of time n shaping…the slow n gradual change.

Maybe you can look at the relationships of space and shapes in freelance apartment studios.
I think I saw something on design sponge where a fashion designer creatively blended her living apartment space with her freelance studio space, both combining them in proximity (shared room) and separating them with design elements, furniture, lighting.

What elements from the home are taken into the studio section?
What elements from the studio section are taken into the home?
Both physically (what objects, textures, and light bring the two together)
…and visually (what parts, colors, lights of the other section can you see if standing in the opposite section)

I found design sponge very useful…she did very nice and the beauty was there with aging becasue of the constant functions which are performed there with most probably a time table or time organiser…

the idea is to make some modular assemblies(very basic) which can fit together in various ways n can be separated easily…now catching the feel of evolution, the aging and the wiseness of texture…is something that i wud love to do.

question is shud it be mechanical or not at all?

Ovais

sounds like you found a solution looking for a problem. i’d suggest to go in reverse. find out the need of a target market, market opportunity or problem not addressed by other projects and develop your solution from there.

otherwise, you are just making something transform for the sake of it… certainly not the practical approach you mention.

R

to go in reverse and the practical need of people …finding out the real problem and solving it with amusing simple forms…
i have been working on some cube combinations beacause its easy arrange them even on working o 3d modeling softwares…i wanted to start from scratch in formation of the basic design. i have’nt selected material dut i do know what material it requires because thats what its available, trendy, enviromental friendly(aging) in my region.

the problem:

i have come aware of the need, the fresh professionals requires to survive in a market where industrial design got adapted just 6 years ago.

? huh?

R

Ok. here is how i started…

Puzzler
Puzzle furniture

Puzzle
As a verb:
• mystery or bewildering
• uncertain

As a noun:
• A game that tests your ingenuity

Furniture
• Furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy
• the instrumentalities that make a home or other area livable
• Movable articles.

I started off with some research work in the following areas related to furniture
• History
• Types of furniture and their functionalities
• Material usage
• Environmental study
• Form study
• Strength requirements (ergonomics)
• Aging
• Availability and cost

History

Following is the history I collected on types of furniture.

• Armoire
• Bookcase
• Cabinet (furniture)
• Chest
• China Cabinet
• Cupboard
• Curio (furniture)
• Dresser (Chest of Drawers)
• Filing Cabinet
• Hall Tree
• Hatstand
• Knoll Sofa
• Sideboard
• Bean bag
• Bench
• Bergere
• Chair
• Chair seats
• Couch
• Fauteuil
• Footstool
• Loveseat
• Ottoman
• Recliner
• Sofa
• Stool
• Tuffet
• Watchman’s Chair
• Coffee Table
• Desk
• End table
• Folding table
• Gateleg Table
• Table
• Dinette
• Dinning Set
• Vanity Set
• Bed
(adjustable bed, air bed, bassinet, box-bed, brass bed, bunk, bunk bed, loft bed, captains bed, infants bed, camp bed, canopy bed, daybed, futon, four poster bed, hammock, hideaway bed, hospital bed, iron bed, Manjaa, Murphy bed, pallat, platform bed, roll-away bed, sofabed, super bed, state bed, trundle bed, vibrating bed, water bed and Head boards)

now I need to find some information on technological advancements in Material, Design and Manufacturing Methods.

no where do i see you actualy talked with anybody in your target market space.

target market space is freelance studios mostly apartments.

we dont have standard studio apartments…
iam trying to figure out the basic geometric shape of lifestyle one freelancer shoud follow to work effectively from home or office(studio).

how to determine a Target Market space???

helloOOOOOoooo anybody home there?