design summer courses (europe)

hi,

i was thinking about enroling a design course this summer. i’m living in spain but i wouldn’t mind checking another schools in europe. i’m interested in eco-design, industrial design and exhibition design mostly. especially in eco-design. everything i know about this i learnt by myself reading books, and i would like to attend a course and get into a workshop and do stuff :slight_smile:

so my questions are:

• which schools do you suggest in these fields? (eco, industrial and exhibition design)
  • what is the average cost of the courses? i assume they are expensive but i don’t want to go broke.
  • when should i start to apply?

thanks!

have a look at the vitra workshops in France

doesn’t appear to list the specific workshops for 2009 yet, but it usually attracts some very well known instructors.

when i was looking into it the cost seemed fairly reasonable for what it was.

i had a friend who attended and enjoyed it immensely.

i had a look and i love it! many of the workshops for 2009 are not ready yet but i’ll stop regulaly by.

thanks!

Hi
I went on a fashion course last year in July in Milan and London with these
people at Central Saint Martins and NABA
great course and lots of new friends from around the world :slight_smile:

www.london-milan-courses.com

I think I would not recommend the London Milan Summer Design Sessions. I had a bad experience with them.

I was register to the Design for Consumer Electronics course in London. 3 weeks before the beginning of the course it was canceled. That could happen with every course, but I have the feeling that this time the organization was really bad.

• At the beginning they didn’t offer me to attend the same course in Milan (the Milan version was not canceled). I had to ask for it and the information came very late.

• After the cancellation the course was still published online and available to register through the online form.

• Although I reserved and paid the hotel through them (university residence) I myself had to email another department to ask them to cancel my reservation and to give me back the money. (Actually, after 3 weeks I still don’t have the money). :imp: Even worse, I had to pay a 30 Pound administrative charge!

Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, Domus Academy (DA) and Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti (NABA) in Milan did a bad job organizing this course.

Alex

if you are still interested in eco design, this workshop might me really interesting for you:

http://www.designwalks.org/

International design students from all disciplines meet at the sustainable summer school to design the future of everyday life and rituals.

The summer school „value through less“
offers students from all over the world the unique possibility to design and to shape the future lifestyle in a sustainable way.