Design School Changes

I’m currently looking to ungrad in ID and was wondering if anyone knew of any recent or future developments to any design schools (lookin more at a more comprehensive university rather than an art school).

I know Stanford’s working on their Product Design department with the IDEO founder that combines design, engineering and business. Approx. where are they in this process? What changes did the Design Research Center at U of Cincinnati bring? A Carnegie Mellon representative also told me that they were changing/renovating their design school in 2 or 3 years. Does anyone else know about this? How will these schools compare to Pratt, RISD, etc.?

I know this is a lot and perhaps no one knows what will come, but any insight would be greatly appreciated. :smiley:

It’s kind of a hard question to answer as all programs are allways changing, or at least they should be, as the feild does.

I’m wary when anyone says that big changes are on the horizon. Bid academic structures don’t respond well to major change, so expect major kinks the first few years at least.