design job and project in taiwan

i am currently building a design team that will be based in Taipei , Taiwan.
i am looking for designers with 3c electronics product design back ground or if you have done cell phone or automotive designs before please contact me.
all travel and living expenses will be paid for and you will be working in Taipei and Shanghai for 1 or 2 month. be ready for long distance travels and must have open mind on Asian cultures. will pay hourly bases.
please contact me or send me your portfolio for review.
thank you

People can’t PM you without you registering first.

What happens after 1-2 months of work? back to the unemployment office?

1 or 2 month is test trial. you will have access to the best design staff and resources.

1 or 2 month test trial, after test trial we will make you a offer for a full time position.

if you are interested in this job or interested in this project please pm me here. sorry for the past post…for some reason it asked me for a new username. sorry
you will be working in asia and all living expenses are paid for plus airline tickets. think of it as a working vacation.

Do you need to be fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese?

How is the working environment? is it a non-smoking work place? I know Asian countries allow smoking indoors. Also what is the regular working hours? is it 8 hours or more?

You must be fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.

Work hrs are 8hr/day and 1/2 day on Saturday. I know you North Americans have a problem with that, but that’s why Asian companies are far more productive and profitable.

Salary is $23,000HK/month.

I know you North Americans have a problem with that, but that’s why Asian companies are far more productive and profitable.

Really?

I thought it had more to do with your countries’ lack of labor laws and exploitation of a cheap work force which clearly borders on practices most organizations that fight for human rights would frown upon.

It won’t last last long though given how your government run Social Security system will go bankrupt in the next decade bringing your economy to its knees because the Chines government placed a cap on how many children married couples could have which limits the size of your active workforce compared to the size of the elderly/retired population.

I thought it had more to do with your countries’ lack of labor laws and exploitation of a cheap work force which clearly borders on practices most organizations that fight for human rights would frown upon.

It won’t last last long though given how your government run Social Security system will go bankrupt in the next decade bringing your economy to its knees because the Chines government placed a cap on how many children married couples could have which limits the size of your active workforce compared to the size of the elderly/retired population.

Just you wait and see.

TO ALL:
THIS PROJECT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO KNOW ANY CHINESE AT ALL. WE CAN ALL SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. ALSO SMOKING WILL BE OUT SIDE AND NOT IN THE OFFICE. SAME AS IN THE STATES. WE HAVE OVER 30 IN HOUSE DESIGNERS TO BACK YOU UP AND READY TO FOLLOW YOUR LEAD. PLUS WE HAVE A FULL IN HOUSE MODEL AND PROTOTYPE DIVISION THAT DOES ALL OUR MODEL WORK INCLUDING A CC MACHINE THAT DOES FULL SIZE AUTOMOTIVE MOCK UPS (I KNOW NONE OF THE US DESIGN COMPANIES HAS THIS UNLESS YOUR FORD OR GM). WE ARE BIGGER THEN MOST US DESIGN COMPANIES. AND WE ARE SPREAD OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD, OFFICES IN US, TAIWAN, SHANGHI (AUTO DIVISION), EROUPE.
YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH THE ELECTRONICS AND TRANSPORTATION DIVISION AND YOUR LIVING EXPENSES PAID FOR PLUS TRAVEL. BASED ON HOURLY WORKLOAD AND WE WILL BE BASED ON US RATES.
ALL I NEED IS 1 DESIGNER FOR THIS PROJECT.

AND IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT WORKING IN ASIA…JUST THINK WHERE ARE YOUR STUFF IS MADE FROM. AND DONT WORRY ABOUT LOW WAGES. WAGES ARE GOOD.

If your company has the resources you say you have, why are you being such a cheapskate by posting this in the discussion forum and not paying for a real job posting on Coroflot?

we are not being cheapskate, because we do not want other companies to know who we are just yet and why we are looking for designer. also this is for a spceial project there for it is kept at a low key level. if you are interested just contact me by email or pm me with your work sample and i will gladly tell you who we are and fill you in on more details of the projects. i already told you we have a full size cc machine for full scale automotive model…you can guess who it is becuase there arent that many companies out there that has this.
so anyone intrested just send me your work sample for review plus resume and find out who we are.

SORRY ALL. This was all a HOAX. I just wanted to see how many resumes I can get and copy some of the material from there, so I can beef up my own resume. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A.H.

NOPE THIS IS FOR REAL…WHO EVER WANTS A DESIGN JOB APPLY HERE OR PM ME

TO ALL:
THIS IS FOR REAL. WHAT I WILL DO IS I WILL REVIEW YOUR PORTFOLIO AND MACTH YOU TO THE PROJECTS THAT WILL USE YOUR TALENTS. ALL PAYMENT BY THE HOURS NEEDED FOR SKECTHING. OUR FIRM DO PROJECTS FROM AUTOMOTIVE TO 3C PRODUCTS TO SOFT GOODS. SO IF YOU WANT A PROJECT TO DO PLEASE PM ME HERE.
THANK YOU

I think the reason why some people have suggested you go through a more formal job posting, is so that all the expectations you have will be treated with respect and that the designers who are genuinely intersted can build up trust with you.

As you can see, this is a far too casual venue for such an important project you seemed to be working on. There really isn’t too much trust built up here. I would suggest a job post on Coroflot or word-of-mouth referals to fill your spot.

It is typical for Taiwanese to be cheapskates so why are you suprised? If you aren’t haggling then you aren’t being Taiwanese.