Design Focus

Hello. I have been reading posts from this community for months now, thanks for the very helpful posts.
I would like to ask for some advice regarding my situation. I am a graphic designer (for almost 5 years) and I have a Biology degree. I’ve always been interested both (human science and designing) and industrial design appeals to that. So I am thinking of taking up a masteral course to focus on ID. I’m currently researching on what programs I could actually get into.

My questions are:

1. Are there US based universities offering ID programs that specialize in ergonomic/health/medical products?
  2. Does it make sense to want to learn #1 via a 2 yr grad course and not a 4-yr ID undergrad course? Will I be ill-equipped to be a designer?
  3. I gather that the best way to get into the deisng industry is via internship-- will having a masteral degree make me a viable candidate to employ?
  4. Can anyone offer any feedback regarding the MDes program of IIT Institute of Design?
  5. Are there any other line of work that focuses on applied design in the field of science aside from ID?

Thank you very much for any advice you can share.