Hello. I have been reading posts from this community for months now, thanks for the very helpful posts.
I would like to ask for some advice regarding my situation. I am a graphic designer (for almost 5 years) and I have a Biology degree. I’ve always been interested both (human science and designing) and industrial design appeals to that. So I am thinking of taking up a masteral course to focus on ID. I’m currently researching on what programs I could actually get into.
My questions are:
- Are there US based universities offering ID programs that specialize in ergonomic/health/medical products?
- Does it make sense to want to learn #1 via a 2 yr grad course and not a 4-yr ID undergrad course? Will I be ill-equipped to be a designer?
- I gather that the best way to get into the deisng industry is via internship-- will having a masteral degree make me a viable candidate to employ?
- Can anyone offer any feedback regarding the MDes program of IIT Institute of Design?
- Are there any other line of work that focuses on applied design in the field of science aside from ID?
Thank you very much for any advice you can share.