Design Documentary?

I’m hosting a brainstorming session for my company in 60 days and I want to show an inspirational video during the lunch break. I’m thinking about some type of documentary that showcases the development of a product (you laugh, you cry…). Any suggestions?

• PBS shows (Frontline?)
  • Discovery / History / TLC show?

We make hard goods as versus fashion.

Thanks

The only one I can think of off my head is this:

http://abcnewsstore.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=11002&storeId=20051&productId=2001230&langId=-1&categoryId=100015

The Deep Dive nightline special covering IDEO’s process.

whats that old one about shifting paradigms where they talk about the bicycle seat and the vehicle with regenerative breaking from the nineties.

‘Better by design’ which featured British designers Seymour Powel. inspired me to get into design

http://www.designcouncil.info/betterbydesign/

‘Better by design’ which featured British designers Seymour Powel. inspired me to get into design

Thank you! I’ve been searching all over for this lately with no luck. I remember seeing it series on Trio the summer before I left for school. It got me very pumped.

“A Whole New Mind” - Daniel Pink

This isn’t so much about the design process as it is about future thinking and why design makes products stand out in the market place. He does a great job of breaking down “right brain” thinking vs. “left brain” abilities.

what about the story of stuff?

might make you go maybe we should stop making stuff

Hippie propaganda! Lets all live in caves wearing shirts made from our own hair!

From Nova:

• Rocket Science meets creative thinking: NOVA | Mars | Design a Parachute | PBS

• Reverse Engineering meets medieval battle: NOVA Online | Secrets of Lost Empires | Medieval Siege

• Craft meets killing tool: NOVA | Secrets of the Samurai Sword | PBS

• Nautical engineering meets conquest: NOVA Online | The Vikings | Secrets of Norse Ships

• Architecture meets public hygiene: NOVA Online | Secrets of Lost Empires | Roman Bath

• Architecture meets the circus: NOVA Online | Secrets of Lost Empires | Colosseum

Of these I would suggest the first one as these design issues are discussed:

• Brainstorming/ group dynamics

• Methodology/ process

• Prototyping and experimentation

• Timeline/ delivery