design competitions

I dont know if this thread has alreayd been answered elsewhere, if so i apologise, however was wanting to know if a thread could be set up to announce any up coming design competitions… be it, automotive, product, fashion etc…
Call it a base to let us get our creative juices flowing…If, as i said, a thread has already been set up, can someone link it?

havent seen anyone consoldate all of them, but look at:

It would be nice. I find them through

core77/calendar

designboom

japan design foundation

design-engine

archinet

van alen institute

The European ones are harder to find. I’m still looking for a good resource for them.

what i want to know is WHY ARE MOST DESIGN COMPETITIONS FOR STUDENTS ONLY???
i am just in the “budding” stages of my career and want to enter some fun creative and inspiring comps!

IDEA, Red Dot?

Hey!

I think this website is a good resource for competitions:

http://dolcn.com/data/eng_2/icn_2003/

Regards,
Alfons.

I would love a consolidated space for competitions. On that note, the deadline is approaching for Metrpolis Magazine Big Idea competition (open to everyone, including students.)

Of curse, there are competitions in all fields I think. As a designer, we need to creat things that new, interesting, fantacy…and so on. To the consumer, we have magic that make all products pretty cool,or bring a fashion style to our modern life. It is our duty. If we choose the career, whatever challenge we will face to, we should try our best to get good mark.At least , we should learn how to find happiness in our career.Not just competitions, they are experience,then we get success!

excellent link ALFONS cheers… Dont really undertsnad your message DISASA but keep on pushin!
So come on Core boys anychance of setting up a dedicated page where global design contests can be posted?
All those in favour say I…

why not just use product industrial designer