Dell Studio Hybrid - with bamboo......

all i can say is wow…
8285-dellstudiohybridspan.jpg

I likey!!! Where did you find that?

Hmmmm…looks familiar.

both designed in San Francisco

www.newdealdesign.com

www.oneandco.com

Looks great…but it’s a waste of good design. With the incredibly low cost and popularity of laptops these days, I see zero market potential for a compact, budget desktop.

They have a niche I suppose. If you’re using a PC and want a full size display + full size keyboard and don’t need the portability, why spend the extra cash on a laptop + peripherals?

I’m sure a lot of parents would buy these for their college kids dorm room over a laptop or a more expensive all in one PC.

bamboo is such a plentiful resource and so under used. Dell came in for an Alias rendering class… boy are those guys doing some cool shit!

Dell website

Looks great…but it’s a waste of good design. With the incredibly low cost and popularity of laptops these days, I see zero market potential for a compact, budget desktop.

hm. really? ZERO? i wonder who’s done more research you or the company investing in the tooling… not that i care if will sell or not; just thought it was kindof interesting to look at. nice and small…

Of course I haven’t done any market research. I figured that was understood. It was just a personal observation. But, judging by Dell’s sales figures the last few years, I would say their research leaves something to be desired.