Danish Newspaper disgracefull illustration of profet Mohamed

This controversey shows how wildly divergenent our cultures are and removes whatever excuses were available to those who wanted to defended the “offended” parties.

The intention of the cartoons was to point out the hypocrisy of the militant Islamic fascists who use Islam as a cover for their backwards views on the world. The goal wasn’t to insult Muslims, only to draw light to the disgusting pervsion of religion that these terrorists use to justify their ungodly acts.

Whats amazing is that Americans are actually rationalizing the anger of these “slighted” people. Yes yes, great, beautiful religion, just dont ever make critical COMMENTS about it. Just ignore the stoning of women, support the destruction of the jewish people, converting the world to Islam, and attacking anyone who rubs the Mulahs the wrong way. If you disagree you might have to go into hiding for a decade or two, or if your unlucky you’ll be shot several times and then have your throat slit and be left to die in the street.

All the people who try to compare President Bush to these maniacs need to revaluate their view of the world. Lets compare the religious fundementalism of our opposing cultures:

American Christian Extremists: Jerks like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell say 9-11 was gods retribution for accepting gay lifestyles, that Sharon was struck down because god didnt like his politics. They are summarily excoriated by the press, bow to public opinion, and apologize for their retarded comments.

Islamic Fundematilists: Call for the destruction of the State of Israel, train their youngsters to kill themselves and in the process innocent children who happened into the wrong pizza parlor, murder anyone who utters a word of dissent, commit “honor mutilations” against women for, y’know, learning to read. what happens to them? oh, right they just swept a popular election.

When the “piss christ” and “Shit Virgin Mary” controverseys happened, people protested, availed themselves of the legal options available to them and, peacefully, rectified the situation. Christian groups asked that their taxes not be used to insult their religion, neither artist was hunted down and slaughtered like an animal.

Is the President unabashedly Christian, of course. Does any rational person believe that the current “war on terror” is actually a pretense for a Christian/Muslim grudge match? don’t be silly. Whatever you think of the war, the basis for it is far less apocolyptic than you would like to believe.

Anyone living in the free world should be outraged by the wild overaction to these cartoons.

Islam is a knock off Christianity.

Christianity is a knock off Judaism.

Judaism is founded by a group of people delusional from wandering in the hot dersert.

Muhammad thought up of Islam while in a psychological unstable state in a cave in the desert.

Jesus Christ wandering in the desert for 40 days without food or water. Any one attempting this would come out the desert believing he is the son of god.

Moses he was just plain lost.

And dont forget Joseph Smith another psychological disturbed person who was enlightened while in a delusional state from a severe illness. He founded the Mormon religion another knock off of a knock off.

what a piece of rant.

so everytime there’s a rape/murder in NY city or LA or any other city in US big or small i should blame it on belief, race,etc and blow it out of proportion to put an entire religion or people in question?

who’s doing this and why? US government and israel are doing it to intimidate muslims. they also know muslims will hit back. are they so dumb to repeat? then if someones so dumb not to understand that they’re better off dead imo.

So everytime couple of idiots in Europe publish a stupid cartoon its OK for some Muslim to blow it out of proportion to and threaten the life of all Europeans?

And second of all God in any religion does not need man to defend it. If its all powerful I am positive that him/her has enough self confidence and does not feel one bit slighted by a little cartoon. And Muhammad is a man and to worship him like that in the Islamic religion is idolotry.

Err… What actually brought down WTC7???

By the way? Does anybody know where the hell is ariel sharon nowadays?

On a lighter note: from your scandinavian friends.

“Sietze Kalkwijk and Joris Laarman designed a Herman Miller Aeron Chaise, commissioned by Berry Friedman. His Aeron version is inspired by American consumerism. The design is targeted at a growing group of Americans who watch up to 9 hours of TV a day. And believe it or not. It may actually go into production soon!”

…inspired by American consumerism.

…targeted at a growing group of Americans who watch up to 9 hours of TV a day.

If this is how you scandinavian friends view you as americans, they must be can"t be right about the muslims right?

Hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

I didn’t make this up.
http://www.reluct.com/home/index.html

so everytime there’s a rape/murder in NY city or LA or any other city in US big or small i should blame it on belief, race,etc and blow it out of proportion to put an entire religion or people in question?

No, because when murderers are discovered in the western world, people are outraged, the guilty parties are shunned and punished regardless of race or creed. In Islamic states murder and attempted genocide seem to be prerequisites for public office. Feel free to comfort yourself by blaming the US and Israel for all the problems that plauge the Muslim world, but don’t try to equivocate the actions of each nation without backup. Show me an american or other western politician who has responded to a CARTOON, like this:

A leader of the Islamic militant Hamas group, which recently swept Palestinian parliamentary elections, told an Italian newspaper on Saturday that the cartoons were an “unforgivable insult” that should be punished by death.

“We should have killed them, we should have required just punishment for those who respect neither religion nor its holiest symbols”

I bet you won’t, but the DEMOCRATICALLY elected Hamas party/terror group has such a spokesman. Apparently the anger has risen above angered pronouncements as Danish embassies in a couple Muslim nations have now been attacked.

Or how about finding a poll that states 57% of Americans or Christians think suicide bombing is an acceptable political practice. I don’t think you will, but USA today found that 57% (and rising) of the people in Jordan think its great.

I don’t think Islam or individual Muslims are intrinsicly bad, but it is a bit disconcerting that the popular opinion in many Muslim nations is virulently Anti-Intellectual, Anti-Secular, Anti-Semitic, Anti-Freedom, Anti-Woman and Anti-Capitalistic. It is also EXTREMELY disconcerting that they have such vocal support in the US.

total bull. no muslim has made a cartoon of a prophet.

A leader of the Islamic militant Hamas group, which recently swept Palestinian parliamentary elections, told an Italian newspaper on Saturday that the cartoons were an “unforgivable insult” that should be punished by death.

that’s his view. if you accept freedom of speech then you should accept it.

I bet you won’t, but the DEMOCRATICALLY elected Hamas party/terror group has such a spokesman. Apparently the anger has risen above angered pronouncements as Danish embassies in a couple Muslim nations have now been attacked.

Or how about finding a poll that states 57% of Americans or Christians think suicide bombing is an acceptable political practice. I don’t think you will, but USA today found that 57% (and rising) of the people in Jordan think its great.

I don’t think Islam or individual Muslims are intrinsicly bad, but it is a bit disconcerting that the popular opinion in many Muslim nations is virulently Anti-Intellectual, Anti-Secular, Anti-Semitic, Anti-Freedom, Anti-Woman and Anti-Capitalistic. It is also EXTREMELY disconcerting that they have such vocal support in the US.

intellectual, secular, semitic, freedom, women and capitalism. these are all concepts western world has made to keep people’s attention busy and off the truth of what’s going on in middle east and other places where they want to enter forcefully. do muslims come to US and tell people what to do? bush lied to get in iraq and afghanistan. he would lie again to get anywhere else. is that what you teach your children? lie and get what you want. so why does that stupid ass moron promote this bull no child left behind. he’s gonna get his ass kicked sooner or later. whether americans get sick of his kind or not is not the muslims’ concern. he’s asking for trouble and american people supporting him are actually the real terrorists. they are the lie. they are the evil. they are the guilty in the eyes of the world.

leave middle east and other independent nations alone or expect any disaster to happen because believe it or not just as you’re on the extreme side of forcefulness on freedom there’re people on the extreme side of forcefullness on islam.

so take a bite. satan will laugh at your ass.

the oversimplication “guest” keeps hammering above regarding the beauty of american culture and democracy becomes revolting to a non-white foreigner and a non-white american, for that matter, whose own experiences with the cruel greed of the u.s. are palpable, current, and damaging.

yeah, the reaction to the cartooon is appalling and, at best, sophomoric, but there are indeed EQUIVALENCIES to be made between american fundamentalists and islamic fundamentalists, and that’s the real point of all this. u.s. wars in africa and insatiable greed for african resources, for instance ((though this is only one example, so don’t go wild about the mention of africa, as western liberals and conservatives both are prone to do, but that’s another story)), have wrecked havoc on real people, in real time, and have inspired american/western politicians and companies to befriend AND sign economic deals with the SAME fundamental islamicists they PRETEND to be combatting. think saddam hussein and osama bin laden are the first or WORST fundamental islamists out there? well, think again. saddam was a SCHOOL BOY in comparison to what’s out there, but the u.s., the biggest bully on the playground, cannot stand up to equals…and in fact, beds equals of the same economic stripe, regardless of religion. and then people who know anything about living and being of the world outside of whiteboyness are expected to not draw equivalencies…yeah, bullcrap. save it.

Last time I looked, Jewish settlers and politicians were calling for the destruction of the Palestinian homeland, and the U.S. and Israeli governments were “blaming” the Muslim world “for all the problems that plague” the U.S. and Israel…so if you are a supporter of “Intellectualism” and “Secularism,” THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE.

All this said, I can agree that Muslim outrage is selective and narrow. Where is Islamic outrage about genocide in Sudan? You’ll never mobilize the Muslim world faster than when you sully their PR. And you’ll never mobilize the American world faster than when you threaten to remove their burgers, guns and SUV’s.

Not really the point. Plenty of artists create work that is offensive to religious groups in the US and the western world. e.g. Piss Christ. No american politician called for the murder of the artist.

The important thing is that the western world governs through democratic action and the newly elected government of palestine intends to govern by calling fo the murder of anyone who criticizes them. THe western world ins built on Education and Democracy the newly elected governments seem to prefer ignorance and totalatarianism.

Quote:

Just a little refresher on Law and civilization:

• If I say “I think the cartoon depicting the prophet was offensive and believe the editors responsible for it should apologize to the Muslim community” I am exercising the right of free speech.

• If I yell “Fire” in a movie theater with the intent to cause panic it is not free speech.

An elected official calling for the murder of a person who commited no crime (thankfully Islamic “law” doesn’t count) is definately in the “fire” category. Especially when there is precedent for following up on the threats e.g. Theo Van Gogh.

You want to give me an instance where a US Senator called for the death of a french political cartoonist? (I’m guessing you won’t find one, but will again deftly try to change the subject to some conspiracy theory of yours.)

To call that freedom of speech is an insult to anyone who values the US constitution and the value of the enlightenment ideals. Again Freedom vs. opression.

intellectual, secular, > semitic, > freedom> , women and > capitalism> . these are all concepts western world has made to keep people’s attention busy and off the truth of what’s going on in middle east and other places where they want to enter forcefully.

Actually these are the concepts that the western world has developed to increase the quality of life, raise life expectancy, free people from slavery, give people a voice in the direction of their society, and generally make the world a better place to live.

The western world did not create the “concept” of Women or Semites, but we do tend to value their contributions to society and view them as equals, Opposed to most Muslim nations where they are reviled and killed without cause.

To the last two posters

I never blamed the Muslim world for all the problems that plauge the US and Israel. Also I have never said that the US and Israel don’t have less than idealistic reasons for their actions. I am simply addressing the fact that a disturbing number of Muslims and sympathizers believe the appropriate response to a satirical cartoon is war with Europe and the murder of the cartoonist.

And I did think before I wrote, Israel was first founded by Jewish settlers that bought land from natives to create a Jewish State, Eventually the UN officially created the State of Israel. The natives may not have liked it, but there are recourses available to civilized nations. Murdering civilians dozens at a time is not one of those recourses. If I was afraid of being attacked 24/7 I may have some harsh words for those doing the attacking to.

And I do believe Jeffersonian Democracy, Secular Humanism, and Capitalism are beautiful traditions that should be upheld at all costs. I am a child of immigrant parents and have seen how well the American system works for those willing to play by its rules. for all its faults (and it has many) we dont have the following:

• a tradition of burying women up to their necks and stoning them to death
  • a cultural practice of gouging out the eyes of women who look at a man inappropriately
  • a belief that teaching 10 year old boys that blowing up a bus full of Israelis is a noble way to die is an appropriate political activity.
  • A culture where the murder of dissenters is common practice

Blame President Bush if you like, but it is the Radical Muslim factions that are creating the negative perceptions of Islam around the world. Why not confront the elements that are perverting this religion rather than creating elaborate rationalizations?

Even with all the faults the US has we can still voice our opinions, a right these “holy” men would like to take away.

Not really the point. Plenty of artists create work that is offensive to religious groups in the US and the western world. e.g. Piss Christ. No american politician called for the murder of the artist.

The important thing is that the western world governs through democratic action and the newly elected government of palestine intends to govern by calling fo the murder of anyone who criticizes them. THe western world ins built on Education and Democracy the newly elected governments seem to prefer ignorance and totalatarianism.

Quote:

Just a little refresher on Law and civilization:

• If I say “I think the cartoon depicting the prophet was offensive and believe the editors responsible for it should apologize to the Muslim community” I am exercising the right of free speech.

• If I yell “Fire” in a movie theater with the intent to cause panic it is not free speech.

An elected official calling for the murder of a person who commited no crime (thankfully Islamic “law” doesn’t count) is definately in the “fire” category. Especially when there is precedent for following up on the threats e.g. Theo Van Gogh.

You want to give me an instance where a US Senator called for the death of a french political cartoonist? (I’m guessing you won’t find one, but will again deftly try to change the subject to some conspiracy theory of yours.)

To call that freedom of speech is an insult to anyone who values the US constitution and the value of the enlightenment ideals. Again Freedom vs. opression.

intellectual, secular, > semitic, > freedom> , women and > capitalism> . these are all concepts western world has made to keep people’s attention busy and off the truth of what’s going on in middle east and other places where they want to enter forcefully.

Actually these are the concepts that the western world has developed to increase the quality of life, raise life expectancy, free people from slavery, give people a voice in the direction of their society, and generally make the world a better place to live.

The western world did not create the “concept” of Women or Semites, but we do tend to value their contributions to society and view them as equals, Opposed to most Muslim nations where they are reviled and killed without cause.

To the last two posters

I never blamed the Muslim world for all the problems that plauge the US and Israel. Also I have never said that the US and Israel don’t have less than idealistic reasons for their actions. I am simply addressing the fact that a disturbing number of Muslims and sympathizers believe the appropriate response to a satirical cartoon is war with Europe and the murder of the cartoonist.

And I did think before I wrote, Israel was first founded by Jewish settlers that bought land from natives to create a Jewish State, Eventually the UN officially created the State of Israel. The natives may not have liked it, but there are recourses available to civilized nations. Murdering civilians dozens at a time is not one of those recourses. If I was afraid of being attacked 24/7 I may have some harsh words for those doing the attacking to.

And I do believe Jeffersonian Democracy, Secular Humanism, and Capitalism are beautiful traditions that should be upheld at all costs. I am a child of immigrant parents and have seen how well the American system works for those willing to play by its rules. for all its faults (and it has many) we dont have the following:

• a tradition of burying women up to their necks and stoning them to death
  • a cultural practice of gouging out the eyes of women who look at a man inappropriately
  • a belief that teaching 10 year old boys that blowing up a bus full of Israelis is a noble way to die is an appropriate political activity.
  • A culture where the murder of dissenters is common practice

Blame President Bush if you like, but it is the Radical Muslim factions that are creating the negative perceptions of Islam around the world. Why not confront the elements that are perverting this religion rather than creating elaborate rationalizations?

Even with all the faults the US has we can still voice our opinions, a right these “holy” men would like to take away.

you must either be blind or you don’t have a TV. it’s not just palestinians who have asked for that. millions of muslims across the world are outraged and you’re talking about the hamas leader?!! where’s your sense of reality. you live on the poofff planet? you’re way too dumb.

for the nth time, islam doesn’t care what US or french government does when they draw each other cartoons. as far as muslims are concerned you are not allowed to make fun of their prophet. is that clear? or should i repeat again?

i have lived in US all my life and i don’t see this exquisite quality you’re describing. as far as slavery is concerned muslims took care of that 14 centuries ago. slavery is forbidden in islam.

as for women, maybe you’re talking about the lame strippers on latenight E! channel or the hotties on the girls gone wild video, or maybe those who send you spam email asking them to see their bodies in action for 2 bucks! is that what you’re reffering to? beside that i don’t see women doing anything other than sitting behind their desks day dreaming about their next uninterrupted vacation.

life expectancy, that would be a joke. with all the junk you eat and the multi partner unsafe sex you have and the guns you hide in your ass, and the bullshit cowboy attitude you have you’ll be lucky to make it over thirty!

btw you do tend to wank a lot, verbally so to speak, but that comes with the territory.

you must either be blind or you don’t have a TV. it’s not just palestinians who have asked for that. millions of muslims across the world are outraged and you’re talking about the hamas leader?!! where’s your sense of reality. you live on the poofff planet? you’re way too dumb.

Yes UFO, I am aware that the idiocy extends well beyond a single Hamas leader. I singled him out because most people in your position fall back on the canard " It’s just a few extremists who ruin Islam’s good name" and chose him becuase these jihadists were recently elected overwhemingly in a popular election. Sorry, its an argumentative tactic i picked up along the way, no where near as sophiticated as “you live on the poofff planet?”

for the nth time, islam doesn’t care what US or french government does when they draw each other cartoons. as far as muslims are concerned you are not allowed to make fun of their prophet. is that clear? or should i repeat again?

Again, I’m aware that these fanatics and their supporters don’t care about the opinions of the rest of the world. You do, however, understand that the parts of the world that count under under islamic law and don’t have to abide by its rules? Sure storm a couple embassies, but when the next war starts don’t blame it on Bush and imperialism. Its because of the cancerous, totalitarian ambitions of the people your supporting.

as for women, maybe you’re talking about the lame strippers on latenight E! channel or the hotties on the girls gone wild video, or maybe those who send you spam email asking them to see their bodies in action for 2 bucks! is that what you’re reffering to? beside that i don’t see women doing anything other than sitting behind their desks day dreaming about their next uninterrupted vacation.

Wow. You’ve shown yourself to be idotic in past threads about design, but in this one you you have proven yourself to be a misogynist (and a potential anti-semite). I was actually refering to the intelligent, hardworking, doctors, teachers, heads of companies, managers, designers and noble stay at home mothers, who I interact with in my daily life. You do seem to have a lot of knowledge about latenight TV (a sad byproduct of your unemployment?)

And if Islamic states are so great why aren’t you designing in saudi arabia? You make it sound like such a great and inviting place.

You suceeded in creating a rift between Americans and Scandinavians. Now in response to this we will go apeshit like some of those Muslims and burn down their embassies and its license to kill any Nordic people in the United States.

i accept your apology.

before the next war is recommended to congress muslims will take that sucker out.

maybe it’s because at the end of the day we all watch the same shows since there’s nothing else on TV except a CNN that brainwashes your mind, an action movie you have seen a hundred times, and a comedian who immitates bush.

to be honest with you i’m seriously starting to believe you live on the poofff planet - noble stay at home mothers-hahaha you gotto be kiddin’ me! wait.you’re right last time i visited the poofff planet the divorce rate was %0.0001.

saudi arabia is not the only muslim state. use google.

hey, guys, just nuke each other. you’re polarizing each other’s arguments and your ideas are de-escalating into absurdity while your pricks escalate into, ah, hot air and bravado. neither or you have any intention of listening to the other or of changing your longheld opinions, so pull those guns out of your asses and battle it out in the fundatmentalist gentleman’s way.

ufo the great thinker philosopher, repository of truth and facts, refreshing and enlightening

Do you guys think that muslims BS as much as we do in this post? For them it’s pretty straight forward, do not represent the prophet Mohammad in any shape or form.

End of post.

Errr. I repeat again, what actually brought down WTC 7???

And where the hell is Ariel Sharon ( man of peace) today???

Anyone? Hello