CV Crit / Advice

So… I’ve attached my CV for everyone’s critique and review… I am a little on the fence about the graphic, but as far as concept and layout suggestions go I am all ears.

The PDF itself has been optimized for web so the graphic is not as sharp as it would be.

http://www.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/189107_QpM3qtcJBZdFeeBMDUIQ9fIDc.pdf

Feedback would be great.

Thanks

Jim

I think the graphic should go. It is too minor to display any technical proficiency. If you had anything, a black and white photo would look much more professional. And they will be able to judge your drawing skill through your portfolio.

Your ‘skills’ section could be better organized. As opposed to a paragraph with too many words per line, you could organize into categories like ‘3d’ ‘2d’ ‘other’, etc.

I can’t tell if the body text aligns with ‘Kershaw’ at the top or not. It is very close, at least. If it isn’t aligned, nudge it a bit.

And it is minor, but it bugs me a little how your address extends beyond the grid instead of stopping at ‘kershaw’. If you decide to change it, you could just use a few acronyms like DR, and NC.

In the experience section I would flip what you have put in bold.

I would much rather be able to skim and see the place of employment rather than the job title. After looking at where you’ve been, then people will look for more information…i.e. what you did there. its just a hierarchy thing.

hope this helps. what do you think?

d.

In the experience section I would flip what you have put in bold.

I would much rather be able to skim and see the place of employment rather than the job title. After looking at where you’ve been, then people will look for more information…i.e. what you did there. its just a hierarchy thing.

hope this helps. what do you think?

d.

Thanks for the advice so for. I’m going to make those changes to the CV…

Keep them coming, I would really like this to be top notch

Ditch the caricature. It makes you look like an anime artist at first glance.