Creatives to rule the future?

Thanks Oprah. Like we needed someone to tell us what we already know! Designers Ho!

Word! If don’t know now ya know!

Creatives to rule the future?

I have been hearing that for last 100 years.

How old are you?

I’ve just picked up ‘A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future’ by Dan Pink… haven’t delved into it yet - anyone read it cover-to-cover yet?

I read it. It was just ok. Some good points made but, nothing really fresh. The work sections at the end of the chapters are an interesting idea but ultimately bland. I was hoping for a Gladwell-esque book, but no.

reading that oprah article on cnn made me want to kill myself.

I think it was good understanding the audience. The audience isn’t us here… it is the general public The more easily digestible stuff like this the better. If it gets them to google ID, it will get them here…

Being less cynical about the whole thing I see two positives:

1. At dinner last night a conversation included the phrase “Almost everyone knows what Oprah thinks”. by the way this was a conversation in Hong Kong.
  2. Most of the general public do not understand design thinking in any way. Any press is good press.

I say "Go! Oprah! Go! :slight_smile:

Really just look at the influence Oprah has on the retail market. Anything she puts her name on becomes an instant best seller. As TimF said, any press is good press.

Good point Yo. I think I might re-gift it to my mother. :slight_smile:

Speaking of Oprah, who’s up for some Kentucky Grilled Chicken?