Correct sketching!

and how do I work on making my form more confident…???

This link might help you viualize how an experienced guy sets up a rendering. I know this is a tutorial for a Wacom Tablet, but check out how he sets up the drawing… about half way down the page.

Digitally, he makes his chicken scratch-esque initial sketch more transparent with the opacity command, but in the real world you can use a hard lead pencil, H3 or H4, to get a very very light line for the underlying scribble drawing…

http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1812

another mouse…

Oops the img did not show again
trying again…

trying again…

(alt+p)

I really have no clue why my image is not showing in the post…

please somebody help!!!

uncheck the “Disable BBCode in this post” radio button in the bottom of the “post a reply” screen… allows images

I take a Prisma and draw lines over and over and then trace over the dirty lines again to get a good line. This is digital, but the same techniques apply, and you try to get faster and looser each time[/img]

Thanks Travisimo I am trying again…

MasterBlaster: I am going to post a few more sketches on the lines you are talking about…This one is to just to check if my image gets uploaded on the post…

My suggestion to you is to just keep sketching. You have nothing to worry about. You sketch well enough to get your ideas across. The more important thing is to translate your GOOD ideas to paper.

If you sketch a good idea with the quality you have shown here, you will have no problems, IMO.

thanks everybody…

ip_wirelessly…thanks for the encouragement…I really need it… I am sketching these days and besides that I am also trying to study the concept of “representation of a sketch” by way of using right light and material…there are a host of inter-related things…

I’m so glad I found this group…for its very very tough to learn things without a teacher and feedback.Someone who can look at your work with a perspective and help you with a direction…

Some times I get bogged down with the ambiguity…when things just dont seem to happen…but I am going to continue to struggle till I reach a stage where I can visualise a product first in my mind and then represent it as close to reality as possible…I know it will take some time…but I’ve just gotten it well in my head now…and I have to do it!!!