Coroflot Portfolio

Hi all, I’m putting together a coroflot page, and I’m hoping to get some real, honest feedback.

please check it if you have a sec and tell me what you think:

www.coroflot.com/eric_dastmalchi

Any feedback is appreciated!

First I am going to say that the quality of the work posted is great, the only thing I would say is show more!

The presentation of each file is great sketches, intermediates, and finals. It gets the point across and encourages you to look at the whole page. Again though I cant see it enough… I want to see more!

dblaveino - thanks for the feedback, I really do appreciate it! When you say, “show more” do you mean that I do not have enough work posted – or was it a compliment?

It definately was a compliment and a suggestion at the same time… the quality of the work shown is amazing! Also the way that you displayed it as a project on each page is wonderful… I would just like to see more than 4 projects if you know what I mean?

If you dont have a full page to display like the others… from concept sketches to renderings, thats fine… show a few pages of just sketches and your thought process on the page.

All I am saying is that you have 4 pages of really nice things… it would be nice to have more than 4 pages… as a reassurance to prospective employers that you have what it takes to work for them. If you were to show only the four pages to someone as your portfolio, they would ask you if you had more.

Sorry if im sounding harsh at all, as im typing it seems as I am being not so nice but I dont mean to at all…

I’m sure you have what it takes… now go put some more work in your portfolio!

People want 2 things when they look at your portfolio: Quality (which you have), and Quantity…

You dont want to bore the person reviewing your portfolio by putting hundreds of pages into your portfolio that are just mediocre, you want to start with your best and end with your best with no in between. Keep the viewer interested and wanting to keep turning the pages… then be prepared to show them more if you have more.

Keep up the good work, I’ll be waiting to see what you come up with! :smiley: