corfolio posted (opinions welcome)

I have posted my portfolio on coroflot and I would like some input on my work and layouts, I welcome any opinions that you might have. Thanks for taking the time to look and reply.
http://www.coroflot.com/eavice

thanks,
Vicer :mrgreen:

why is the product logo bigger than the GA?

I was using the logo as a filler I had to much white space and I was trying to keep it clean and flowing without clutter, But your right it takes away from the rest of the work. thanks for the input :slight_smile:

White space can be good, depends on how you use it.

In your resume you say that you know Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, Pro/E, etc. Basically all of the big ones. I think you said Form Z too. And that’s great if you really know all of them, which I am not disputing that you do. But, you can’t know ALL of them really well. If you did, you wouldn’t have time to eat or sleep!

I would recommend putting a rating scale next to them. Like, if you know Solidworks REALLY well, put “advanced” beside it. Rhino, put “intermediate” and so on and so forth.

It’s great to have a basic understanding of some of the programs, but I would suggest getting to know one or two of them really well, and selling yourself with that.

Some here might disagree with me though.

Design:

Form development could be improved on the recycling station. Current styling looks more like a sci-fi object than something that belongs in public space. Sketching can also be improved, it seems you don’t quite have perspective down just yet.

Night Time Professor. I am having hard time understanding the concept. How exactly does the machine interface with out body? Why is it a hand-held product when users are sleeping while the product is working? The design looks good, but I am don’t understand why it looks the way it does since I don’t understand the exact use.

Oral flosser. I see this type of project in student portfolios often, and every time I wonder why. Most of the designs I’ve seen are over-kills, including what I see here. The size of the product suffers too much from so-called ergonomic handle, it does not fit into the toothbrush holder as shown in the picture.

Presentation:

You have the right ingredients, (renderings, photos, sketches, texts etc), but you are not presenting them in an organized manner. Get some help from a graphic designer in this area. You should have clear information hierarchy, every image you show should not have equal weight.

Good luck!