Has anybody here attended the ces in vegas before? I was considering attending next year mainly to make some contacts for future internships/employment ect… Do designers usually attend this event or is it mainly marketing buyer/seller type event?
CES is very important for designers, and I would highly recommend going. Its huge, and you’ll see more than just mobile phones and widescreen TVs there.
The value of the visit is:
- staying current with ongoing and upcoming styling trends
- staying current with upcoming technology
- getting to know who’s who in the consumer electronics world
- meet up with clients
- meeting up with design peers (don’t miss the CES IDSA meet n greet)
- check out the items in the CES Design Awards
- possible networking and corporate contacts (not easy if you don’t know anyone though).
- misc entertainment …it’s VEGAS!