consulting with overseas clients

I am working in France now. Is it possible to work for this company as a consultant when I return to the US? Does anyone have experience with this? I have a one man consulting company and a DBA. With the complex taxes and rules here I am sure it would be difficult if allowed. Or is it as simple as sending an invoice and transferring funds?


have them wire money in US dollars into your US bank account for any work you do… it’s very common way to pay people in Europe. That way, you completely avoid international tax liability and as far as the US Government is concerned, your operating a US company completely in the US.

You should consult with a CPA for 100% verification of this, but this is what my CPA advises me to do