computers @ work?

ok, we have all seen the multitude of questions regarding “what computer should I buy for ID & 3D”. My question is what computer are you CURRENTLY using at WORK? Are most companies buying top end super fast computers or are they (like my boss) cheeping out?

just curios

Stupid-fast IBM Thinkpad workstation. Have a new Lenovo ThinkPad coming in the spring.

Anyone using a TabletPC?

I’m using an old Dell GX270 3GHz w/ 2 GB RAM and a GEForce FX5200. I’m pretty happy with it.

Motion Computing m1400. Works great for everything from quick sketches, “hand” renderings, to Solidworks.

I don’t see that model on the Motion Computing website. What’s the screensize? What made you decide on the MC instead of any of the others?

Last years model was distributed directly through Dell.

Motion offers the IMO the best screens, hard (no color banding if heavy handed), scratch resistance (1 yr daily use 1000s of sketches and not one scratch), best veiw angle +/- 170 deg

Last years model was distributed directly through Dell.

Motion offers the IMO the best screens, hard (no color banding if heavy handed), scratch resistance (1 yr daily use 1000s of sketches and not one scratch), best veiw angle +/- 170 deg

2.8 ghz Pentium with hyperthreading, 2 gb RAM, 200 gb hd, ATI videocard with 256 mb RAM.

It’s really impressed me handling multiple applications. It is quite smooth rendering in SolidWorks and editing in Photoshop at the same time.