Computer Monitors

I have a laptop and also a monitor. I use the monitor for my renderings because it is simply bigger. However the monitor cannot show differences between shades of white. If I am looking at a rendering on the monitor it looks fine, but when I look at it on my laptop and other computer screens, it shows a yellowish white color surrounding the rendering. What do I adjust so my monitor will match my laptop screen?

If this seems confusion you can go to my portfolio on my site and will see the yellowish white color on my k-swiss project

Thanks

You more than likely just need to play with the brightness/gamma/color settings to get it where you need to be. Most video cards also have color calibration tools, as does photoshop.

When you say you’re seeing yellow - are you refering to the area around the shoes in the top left square? Because there you can see the background of the page is yellow tinted while the shoes have pure white BG’s.

If you’re seeing yellow elsewhere then something is tweaked with your screens since photoshop shows the main background as being pure white.

You more than likely just need to play with the brightness/gamma/color settings to get it where you need to be. Most video cards also have color calibration tools, as does photoshop.

Where do I go to change this setting? I can adjust the brightness, but that didn’t do anything.

You might want to lower your contrast also. That would make that yellow background appear white on your screen. Lack of brightness will make everything seem “dull” but contrast will really affect your light color display.

your laptop is a liar. don’t trust it. sorry, there’s pretty much nothing you can do about it. get a grip on your threshold levels and always know the difference between “true” white and black RGBs and ones that just look that way.

CRT, LCD, TFT…they’re all a little different from each other and can’t be trusted to show RGBs that look the same to your eye…UNLESS you have painstakingly created a variety of compatible colorspace profiles (and that includes, scanners, cameras and printers (3 or 4 color?), too). oh, and it doesn’t always come out perfectly. computers aren’t magic…unfortunately.

good luck (it’s not as bad as it sounds)!