Coffee Maker

Okay,

I’ve choked down my last cup of office coffee. I just can’t take that swill anymore. That being said I need to find a decent coffe maker for my office. Can anyone recommend one? Please bear in mind that I require:

-Ease of use
-Ease of cleaning
-Capable of making small pots of GOOD coffee.
-I don’t want to have to finance it, reasonable price is a must.

Would just a normal Mr. Coffee type of thing work? How easy is a french press system to use and clean? Anyone try that Senseo thing?

www.keurig.com

buy different flavors in bulk for your office.

one shot, fresh brewed cup each and every time.

French press is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee. Cleaning isn’t too bad if you rinse it out right away and put it through the dishwasher every couple days. And you can’t beat the price. Get a grinder too and grind what you need as you need it.

The problem with Senseo and other pod systems is you are married to their overpriced, low quality pods.

i own a senseo and i like it. Makes individal cups and there is no vertually no cleanup needed. It brews the coffee into your own cup and you just toss the pod. just dont buy the senseo brand coffee, its not that great. I have heard you can buy kits to make your own pods which i am currently looking into, so that i can go buy a pound of whatever coffee i want and make a pod.

yeah it somewhat defeats the purpose, but im saying that IF your favorite coffee brand didnt make a pod, there are ways to still make it happen if you own a pod machine. Yeah there are plenty of good coffeez out there that come in pod form, but not all. Ex. if you are a Starbuckz or dunkin donutz fan you can still buy a pound of your favorite flavor and pack it into a pod.

Why do you guys still drink that drip filter crap?
Why not get an espresso coffee machine? You can make a great coffee on demand rather than drinking from a pot of brown water thats been sitting around since yesterday.

And the espresso machines look heaps better on the bench top.

listen to yourselves. we are totally acting like people expect “designers” to act :wink:

Perhaps I only say this since I’m a college student, but…

Whatever happened to a hot plate and a stovetop espresso pot? Keep it in your office for your own personal use. Works fine for me.

Anonymous Guest: good. The designers that act like the public’s perception of what a design should be are better paid, it seems (Karim Rashid?).

To the first point – maybe yes, maybe no. I think the reasoning is backwards – the ones that get paid more (rightfully or not) act more like the spoiled fashionista designers we see on TV. Same goes for lawyers acting like soulless greedy sharks, or doctors acting like they were god. Greed and money tend to bring out the worst in people.

As to the second point – that’s not really relevant. There was never any suggestion that he’d be entertaining clients with this; reading his list of requirements indicates that he wants to make good coffee for himself in small quantities.
If it’s a single client, incidentally, an espresso pot usually makes about two cups.

You may have made exactly one too many direct literal correlation. I wasn’t referring to him worrying about entertaining any Kings of Libia with the coffee maker in question.

I was making a point of:
There’s no need to refer to the logic of “what ever happened to…” these days, unless you work freelance in a rented basement office of a chinese take out place after hours (midnight to 4am firm). Much like, there is no need to say, “what’s with $100+ shirts these days? What ever happened to potato sacks with three holes in them for arms and a head?”

No reason on earth to have a hotplate and a fish bowl in lieu of a coffee maker. NOT in ANY situation. Even in rank Superdomes.

You may have made exactly one too many direct literal correlation. I wasn’t referring to him worrying about entertaining any Kings of Libia with the coffee maker in question.

I was making a point of:
There’s no need to refer to the logic of “what ever happened to…” these days, unless you work freelance in a rented basement office of a chinese take out place after hours (midnight to 4am firm). Much like, there is no need to say, “what’s with $100+ shirts these days? What ever happened to potato sacks with three holes in them for arms and a head?”

No reason on earth to have a hotplate and a fish bowl in lieu of a coffee maker. NOT in ANY situation. Even in rank Superdomes.

why do you guys drink coffee??? Are you really that weak that you need a stimulate to keep you going? It’s all in your head!

why do you jack off? its all in your head weak shit.

I see what you’re saying now. But what I’ve decribed is cheap, simple, makes about the right amount of coffee, and does a good job of it. The only one of his categories it doesn’t fulfill is the easy-to-clean requirement (which still isn’t that bad).

You don’t need a $500 Coffee Production Lab to have good coffee. If you’re happy with the end result of wearing a potato sack, then go with that and save $99.97.

I dont know the US market but surley you can get a decent espresso machine for $200??

The market in Aus is flooded with good espresso machines for between $100-500 AUD

My point is that if you are going to spend any amount of time preparing a coffee, using an espresso machine allows you to make any type of coffee you want including frothing milk. I think it gives you a much better flavour than the drip filter machines.

No one here is spending 500 on a coffee machine. i sure as hell wouldn’t, frothy milk or not. Just buy a mr coffee for 20 bucks and call it a day.

Well when I’m pumping CAD for 10 hours a day striving for a great design, I may as well drink great coffee to keep me going.

what’s with all this jibber-jabber about coffee makers? In the theme of the wine rack thread, why don’t you just design and build your own coffee maker?

end of discussion.

Order some gevalia cafe coffee and they’ll send you a free 4 cup coffee machine, the coffee is good too. i had one in college and it worked great, not too big not too small. They sell the pods too.

http://www.gevalia.com/Gevalia/

why do you guys drink coffee??? Are you really that weak that you need a stimulate to keep you going? It’s all in your head!

Well it’s either coffee or a healthy cocaine addiction.

When I compare the costs of regular coffee consumption (grounds, brewing equipment, filters, cream, etc) versus the cost of snorting blow everday (cocaine, lack of employment, court costs, bail, etc), I think coffee comes out being the clear winner.

Maybe thats just me though.