Cheer Cincinnati!

Hey core-
in case you guys didn’t know, the University of Cincinnati (where I go!) football team (the bearcats) will be playing the Florida Gators this Friday (Jan 1!) in the sugar bowl… Its pretty cool that a school with a top design program can also have a top football (ranked number 3 this year!) program as well! The game is at 8:30pm EST, and hopefully the bearcats will make it out on top! It should be a pretty exciting game!
p.s. if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, please move it to the correct one!

U Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech ID grads may disagree with the uniqueness…Nonetheless go Bearcats!

Yup,

If you haven’t been following the bearcats, its been a very interesting last few days.

Our coach, Brian Kelly, who led us to two Big East championships, left for Notre Dame after a 12-0 season. Our interim coach for the Bowl Game, Jeff Quinn, is a now the head coach of Buffalo, and our new coach, Butch Jones, is sitting back in the stands until this is over. So the players are in a limbo here.

Florida’s coach, Urban Mayers, has said that he was stepping down as the head coach of Florida, he led them to two National Championships, after the Sugar Bowl. But a few days later says changed that to just taking a leave of absence.

U Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech ID grads may disagree with the uniqueness…Nonetheless go Bearcats!

True, but UC has never been considered a Football power house, and they were 1 second away from playing for the national game. (They would have been roll tided by Alabama, but that’s beside the point.)

True, but UC has never been considered a Football power house, and they were 1 second away from playing for the national game. (They would have been roll tided by Alabama, but that’s beside the point.)

Would have rather seen it than Bama/Texas. Or even Bama/TCU. Or Boise St. vs Texas. Ditch the BCS, go playoffs. Of all the things Obama said he was going to do, this is the highest on my list.

Apparently Congress wants to change the BCS system also. Been all over the news, they are trying force the BCS to go to a playoff system.

I was very happy for cincy, but was not confident that they would be able to handle florida.

Brian kelly is a jackass in my opinoin for not coaching the bowl game with his team… ive heard all the sides to the story, but i guess its just a matter of integrity to me, notre dame was not gonna take the offer off the table if he waited another month, although they probably told him that they were. Im sick of coaches bolting to the big programs… why not make a name for yourself and be the next great coach by making a school that is not a football powerhouse into one. I was hoping Saban was gonna do that with michigan state, but didnt happen. Its not like michigan state, cincinnati, or west virginia are holes in the wall. Look at MSU basketball, prior to 2000 it was just kind of a ‘competitive’ big 10 school, now its a national powerhouse for the last decade, and probably the next one as long as izzo is there.

Also, to clyde’s point about UofM, O-state, ND and VaTech… i dont know many people that would list those schools in their top 5 of really good design schools (like cincy is usually reguarded), some of them not even top 10, AND yes cincy normally is not a football school, so i think it is in fact pretty cool.

UIUC also has a football team (you might not call it that some years however) and Design. I think U of M dropped ID btw.

Yeah you are right about UIUC, forgot about them… wheres IDiot to represent??!

pretty sure you are right about UofM as well.