Check this out!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, :smiley:
My name is Ravinder Sembi I’m 20 years, I thought that you guys/girls would like to
have a look at my portfolio some of the pages have been taken out which include
exploded G.A’s. I’m a student at Ravensbourne College in the UK. Please could you give
me feedback in which ways I could improve my work thanks.
Currently working on the RSA project it is a nightmare!

This link includes my latest CG project I completed
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=165518

Page:1 is cover context page for my portfolio, the Frisbee remote project was a first year project

Page:2 Bombay sapphire entry for the competition second year project

page:3 Vitra project presented @ Vitra second year project

page:4 Rocking-chair one of the concepts I liked from the Vitra project

page:5 cricket helmet project last second year project

In a word: exceptional!

Especially for a student.

that is really great stuff
what software do you use ?

Great show Boogotti!

What prog is your stuff generated in? your renderings, like “03-Vitra-chair.jpg”, how is you BOM generated? Do you composite it in Illustrator or Corel?
You Rock!
Please share!

Thanks for your comments guys :smiley:
I use 3D studio max and with vray to do my computer rendering work. For presentation i use Adobe illustrator to draw graphics an then import them into photoshop for final teaking ‘best of both worlds’.

“how is you BOM generated?”
Modeled up in 3d studio max render off using vray and then a little enhancement in photoshop.

Images look great, however your BOM statement bothers me!

BOM (Bill of Materials) refers to the material, manufacturing process, finish type/quality, and quantity of each individual component of a design. What you have is a good start, and works well in these presentation images. In the real world you are rarely ever required to do this level of rendering for a client of marketing presentation, however you are always required to present an accurate BOM and COG (Cost of Goods Sold) estimate. Commonly these will need to be created in excel so that the client can import them directly into their Pro/E or Solidworks model files.

Nice job on your presentation skills, keep up the good work. Also do not forget that skills get you through the door, knowledge of manufacturing and how to manipulate the manufacturing processes and technologies is what will make you invaluable to a design team.

Also the IDEAs behind the designs, and forms in which you embody the ideas are interesting and intriguing to the eye and mind, this will play off well when meeting with marketing types. For interviews have one or two of these projects laid out to show your process, and thought process. Yes the “money shots” always look good, but what sells me in an interview is a student who has a strong head, and shows/communicates the process by which they attack a design problem/opportunity. Personally I want to see rough sketches; clear enough to communicate the design intent but raw enough that you can still see the thought process behind it. Then I want to see how they thought about the details from the largest down to the minute (stitch pattern, metal flake size, etc.).

I also want to see how they design for people other than themselves, man for a woman, woman for an elderly man, non-athletic person for a professional athlete. This shows the designers ability to separate from their own preferences and prejudices, and truly enter the minds and thought processes of any given target user/consumer. In a consultancy environment this is crucial to your success. You will need to rapidly become an expert in many product categories, and begin to think like an expert user, in a matter of days to as little as an hour.

You have the presentation skills, now focus on communicating you have the mental skills that will make you the best designer any firm could hire. Lost of designers have the pretty picture skills, separate your self by illustrating the picture skills, with the manufacturing knowledge, and the ability to profile and think like the target user/consumer.

GOOD LUCK.