CCAD

What is anyones thoughts on CCAD (Columbus College of Art and Design) when it comes to industrial design. I have heard good and bad things about the school in general, but was wondering if anyone knew anything good about the program (pros and cons)?

Thank You

By every metric I know of CCAD has a solid ID program with many of the same strengths and weaknesses as other design schools. It is probably slightly more rigorous than other programs with more emphasis on sketching and collaboration than some. It is probably less cerebral than RISD and not as well connected to the profession as UC or CCS. The program has not integrated new technology as much as Pratt’s but is catching up quickly. They teach color, and model making better than most. Research is primarily marketing driven and is solid but not as strong as Carnegie Melon or many of the University programs. The program instills a rare discipline and a persistent work-ethic in many grads. Many of the second and third year projects are in need of an update to better connect with the profession. While they may not score the top marks in any one of these areas I believe they score high marks in ALL of them which makes graduates more employable and valuable to a wider range of prospective employers. And, the program is actively trying to improve

If you have a more specific questions let me know.

Thank you, you pretty much covered everything I wanted to know.