Carleton or U of Mtl??? - better rated, better prepared?

I haven’t really found enough info about both these schools compared, side by side in the forums so I’m posting a new topic.

I am a McGill graduate (BACC of architecture) and am switching into I.D.

I got accepted to both Carleton and University of Montreal. I have some questions regarding both schoools! I hope you can help!

I compared things like housing (pricing is about the same), choice of classes are similar, and the facilities are similar (except Carleton has 2 rapid prototyping machines and U of M only has a removal prototyping machine or something) and of course the milling machine.

I looked at co-op, it seems useful and from what I gather, Carleton incorporates competitions into the studio classes and U of M does not. Carleton has some affiliations with companies (through co-op) and U of M does not although they sad the end of the year exhibition for graduates invite companies and you can network there. Like Carleton, you can take an optional stage where you have to find a job on your own, and get it credited.

Carleton however accepts high school students while U of M accepts CEGEP students meaning U of M doesn’t “waste” the first year on math and physics so I feel they have a more full curriculum, but they don’t see to prepare you as much for the real world as Carleton.

I am extremely torn between both, U of M has a better ranking as an overall school than Carleton (12 vs 37) in Canada.

I like U de M cuz it’s close to home and it’s in French and would force me to practice my French and seems very complete as a school.
I like Carleton cuz it has co-op (a student told me and I read as well that it was not very useful) as well as a slightly better facility.

What is your opinion on both???

For the program itself, the facilities, the staff, the people, the reputation, the “readyness” to jump into a career with the right tools, the quality of the education??? (I have called the schools etc. all week) I need feedback from students!! And I don’t have the time to go visit both schools.

oh and please give more insightful info about U of M… not just… it`s French.

Thanks,

-Jessica