Car CD player query

First-time poster. Apologies if this question is not being posted in the correct section.

I purchased a Sony CDX-S2010 CD player for my car over the weekend and I was wondering if there was any way to turn off the beeping alarm that sounds when I turn the car engine off. The beeping that is telling me to take the face plate off, I believe.

I’ve checked out the manual and have turned off the “Beep” but not the beeping. I am getting the feeling the only way to stop it is to actually take off the face plate before I turn off the engine but I was hoping there was another way.

Thanks for any help you can give.

dude, this is funny.

so funny that I had to use some emoticons. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A little bit after posting it I started checking out some of the other posts … I perhaps should have done that first. Anyway, maybe next time I’ll be a little bit more careful.

As long as we have dialogue going though, nice work down there on the “Have you ever lost it at work?” thread … I mean, unless that was Cousin Guest … or Christopher Guest … or … :wink:

A little bit after posting it I started checking out some of the other posts … I perhaps should have done that first. Anyway, maybe next time I’ll be a little bit more careful.

As long as we have dialogue going though, nice work down there on the “Have you ever lost it at work?” thread … I mean, unless that was Cousin Guest … or Christopher Guest … or … :wink:

I always enjoyed the beeping, it made me feel cool back in high school. I don’t think it can be turned off though. :confused:

good luck with that

I think you’re right … about it not being able to be turned off. Anddd, Sony agrees. Well, that takes care of that.