Canoo’s Electric Sedan Has Been Snapped Out In The Open For The First Time

Is Canoo going to go the way of NIO and Lordstown? Or Faraday and Lucid? Or Rivian and Arrival?
No question these new EVs are cool looking and embody the talents of armies of good designers. Track record for delivering beyond hot air so far is not good.

(disclaimer: I work in manufacturing)

I really hope Canoo makes it. Would be great to see these vehicles on the road. They seem to be making some progress towards delivering real vehicles with recent announcements involving manufacturing partners and micro-factories.

Also interesting that one of their original co-founders - Ulrich Kranz - has now joined Apple.

1 Like

I’m not sure why, but for some reason this looks so good with a ladder on it!

2 Likes

review of the Canon van with the CEO of the company… not what I was expecting at all!

1 Like

I like that form language even better in sedan form. It’s pretty much one step removed from the OG Blade Runner Spinner.

On the whole I’m skeptical Canoo will ever become a real player in the market but rooting for them nonetheless. I’m always in favor of cars taking big swings in terms of form, UX, etc. … as long as they’re not lazy big swings like the Cybertruck.

2 Likes

I feel the same. It seems like entering now that all of the big brands are launching things might be difficult. Rivian might have just squeaked in there. But I hope they can do it too!

1 Like