CAD for mac

anyone know of a good CAD software package for a mac osx. i can use autoCAD, inventor and solidworks. so i’m looking for a mac program similar.

Unfortunately – you’re out of luck. Maybe Dassault will port Solidworks now that macs are running on Intel processors, but at the moment there isn’t anything.

Vectorworks is the closest you’ll get to a CAD program, and Form*Z is the closest to a solid modeller. You can always go the animation route, and use Maya, EIAS or Lightwave though.

I believe that Macs are better when it comes to flat work, but they just aren’t there for 3D. You’ll have to use a windows box.

I know that PTC makes Pro/E for Linux and Unix but I don’t know how OSX would handle these.

try cobalt… if you can deal with the interface- it is actually a really powerful tool…

there are quite a few.

Off the top of my head,

Concepts unlimited, Cobalt, Graphite, solid thinking

http://guide.apple.com/uscategories/3d.lasso

Check this page on apples website. Check the cad and 3d modelers
Most of these programs have demos.

Unfortunately, there aren’t really any industry standard CAD packages that run on the Mac. That’s why I had to switch a couple of years ago.

I’m not saying there aren’t a few good ones (listed in other replies), just none that are standard like ProE, SolidWorks, Alias, Rhino, Autocad, etc…

I’ve been very happy with Concepts Unlimited. But, I switched to PC to be able to run SW, Alias, or Rhino just in case.