C77 Boards Migration

Hello All - The Core77 Discussion Boards will be moving to a new platform next week. Expect the boards to be offline late Sunday night and some portion of Monday. All members and discussions can pick up right where they left off on the new platform. We have our fingers crossed that it will go smoothly and hope everyone joins in giving it a spin early next week.

Is there a reason why you are shying away from developing video/streaming interactions here on the platform?

Good question. We haven’t considered integrating video or streaming content here in the Boards but it is an interesting idea. Is a Twitch stream with chat what you are thinking about?

Our primary concern with this migration is to get a more user-friendly system in place to enhance the interactions as they happen here now. The new C77 boards are using a software - https://www.discourse.org/ - which has a chat feature in Beta – we haven’t looked into it much but if there is an interest from the community in more real-time interaction we can install it after the migration.

Any way to get rid of embedded YouTube videos would be great.

R

Weird request. I love when we share videos.

They can be useful. The new system supports embedding youtube videos and direct uploads too, and they both display a bit more cleanly than in this system.

I love videos. Just hate Youtube.

R

Looking forward to seeing/using the new thing!

Hello from the other side! :sun_behind_small_cloud: Looks like everything made it over. If you see anything missing in general, or with your account please leave some feedback. This system is new to us too but happy to try and answer any questions.

1 Like

@shaggy oddly it seems like one of the posts from @thedinomeister disappeared from doodling that he posted in the new forum when we were in the test phase, but I don’t see anything else missing! Yahoo!
giphy

1 Like

I posted a – mark – in this topic just before I shut things down and got a backup. I don’t see it anymore.

New discussion board navigation is going to take some getting used to.

I think a small number of recent posts didn’t make it.

Yes, it will take some time. I was missing the categories being easily accessible so I’m trying a link in the header. Let me know if this helps, or if there are other pain-points we can try to address.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.13.42 PM

with this new layout, how can i easily go to the end of a thread? on the old boards, i could click to the last page on the top right hand corner.

and it looks like we lost the personalized subscripts? you know, the bottom lines that would always be shown below our posts.

The sidebar to the right has a navigation slider, if you click the time-stamp at the bottom of it you will go to the latest post.

This system doesn’t have the personalized subscript / signature but does have very robust user cards where you can include a slogan or your bio and website. You can see a user’s card by clicking their avatar.

That’s an extra click when we could do it from a main page. :frowning:

Also, what about navigation to and from the core homepage? From here, if I hit the core logo I get to here. From the main page, there is nothing.