Build-a-Robot

So I posted this in the Brand Sprotting forum because I loved the store design, but I thought I would put it here as well because this has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I came across this store in the Palisades Mall in NY. It is extremely large mall right out side the city. This tore has taken the concept of Build-a-Bear and applied it to robots. You pick your robot body, give it arms and legs and the “activate” it. I don’t really know what the activate part is but it sounds cool. They also have an area for parties for b-day and what not.

more and a link to their site. http://robotgalaxy.com/

I can’t be the only one that thinks this is awsome!! I thought we all liked robots here on Core.

I saw this post last night and thought it was pretty cool. My son would go nuts. Build-a-Bear doesn’t have quite the same appeal to him as it did/does for my daughter.

It reminds me of “The Scotch Boutique” sketch on an old SNL episode (1978).

Overly optimistic owners in the second month of their venture in a store that sold nothing but adhesive tape. The sketch revolved around the inanity of a store offering such a specialized product line. Customers came in with the mistaken assumption that the store sold other stationery items or even audio cassettes.

In a follow-up episode much of the sketch revolved around the lack of business in the mall; at the end the wife of the tape store’s owner cheerfully remarked to a neighboring business owner, that the tape store was very busy, as owners of other stores in the mall needed to buy tape to put up their “Going Out Of Business Sale” signs.

I’d think that lot’s of little boys (& quite a few girls) would think this is a cool store.

To infinity & beyond…

Classic comedy at it’s finest!