Came across this at brooksrunning.com. Looks interesting.
A racing flat that’s green (and fast)!
Itâ€™s no secret. When it comes to sustainability, itâ€™s time for running gear to lead the way, not follow. With our usual passion, Brooks has embraced this challenge. The result is the Green Silenceâ€”available February 1, 2010â€”a groundbreaking advance in running shoes that will not be kept quiet.
By utilizing recycled and other earth-friendly components, this strikingâ€”and strikingly fastâ€”performance racing shoe breathes new life into the competition categoryâ€”as well as countless post-race plastic water and sports beverage bottles, rubber that would otherwise be abandoned, and discarded Skid Row, Kix, and Ratt CDs. No wonder the Green Silence has so much personality.
Key Green Features:
- BioMoGo, the world’s first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes
- 75% of the shoeâ€™s materials are post-consumer recycled
- Biodegradable insole and collar foams
- Laces, gillies, and reinforced webbing are 100% post-consumer recycled
- Water-based adhesives are used throughout
- All dyes and colorants are non-toxic
- Packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled
Constructed with roughly half as many parts as comparable shoes, the Green Silence requires less petroleum and energy to make. Of course, the shoe manages all of this while delivering the premium performance expected from Brooks.
Reduce your carbon footprint. Move forward. Run HappyÂ®.